What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Temp issues  (Read 3009 times)

benalexe

Temp issues
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:48:51 pm »

Okay here is a question for you.  Unfortunitly I have been very bust this week and not had any time to soak.  My heater has been off for over a week and the water is down to 84 degrees.   The weather forecast calls for very hot weather next week. The last time it was this hot I was trying to cool down the spa so the kids could use it like a pool.  I drained some water and did other things to make it cooler but could not get it below 93.

At 84 degrees the tub is perfect for the really hot weather and for the kids.  Having said that I am anxious to go in to the tub and to me it feels cool.  Too cool for me to enjoy myself in the tub.  

So the debate is do I heat it up and enjoy it myself. or do I leave it cool and wait for the hot weather so the kids will have a great time.

FYI when it is really hot I too will appreciate the cooler water.    On the other hand I would love to have gone in this evening but won't because it is too cold.

Thus you see my dilemma!

Hot Tub Forum

Temp issues
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:48:51 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Temp issues
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:35 pm »
 Id say if the kids are using it during the day while your at work then leave it for them.  If they are not using it heat that thing up and enjoy while you can till the heat hits.   Then cool it down with a partial drain and refill with cool water.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:00:47 pm »
Buy a pool ;)
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:10:20 pm »
Buy a pool ;)

I agree.  I came to this conclusion the first summer I owned my spa.  Very happy I did.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »
thats the truth of it...a hot tub is a [glow]hot [/glow]tub and a pool is a pool and they really aren't interchangable..the only real thing they have in common is water...You can't really swim in a tub and you can't soak in a pool...well not really :-/. So I agree, as your kids get a little older they will want to do more than splash around. Get them a nice pool (I am happy with my above ground pool) and you won't have temperature issues at all. :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

benalexe

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 06:11:02 am »
I broke down it is now at 99 degrees.  It is 6 am on Sunday I think I may go for a soak.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:06:31 pm »
POOL ... POOL ... POOL!!!

I have an above ground pool as well and it is great for keeping cool. The money that was spent on the pool was well spent ... heck if you can get away wit an intex pool (blow up or now a light duty frame) it is a great way to go.

As Boni said - a hot tub is for hot water. Anything less than 100º is cold in the tub, I just don't enjoy it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:06:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42