What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 Maxxus problems  (Read 2653 times)

Orthofunk

2005 Maxxus problems
« on: June 05, 2008, 12:59:58 pm »
Hi all,
I've had my '05 Maxxus for less than 3 years.
My steps and cover are already damaged to the point that they must be replaced.
I have steps contoured to fit the tub (which are only 2 years old).  They are made of plywood and have plastic covering to make them look like wooden slats.  The plastic covering has not withstood the weather and has come off the plywood.
I also have a trifold cover.  The cover is sinking at the first seam and collecting rainwater, to the point that it sags into the tub water.  There is no problem at the second seam, which is held higher so that water drains properly.
Is it normal for these things to wear out so quickly?  
After speaking with the dealer, they are "sorry, but those items are out of warranty... but they would be happy to order new ones for me."
Can anyone recommend replacements that might last longer?
Or replacements that might cost less than the premium dealer charge?
Is this normal to expect to replace the cover and stairs every 2-3 years?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

2005 Maxxus problems
« on: June 05, 2008, 12:59:58 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2005 Maxxus problems
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 01:18:04 pm »
 To start with that pic is freaky!! :o  

2nd Yes the steps should last longer than that you would think?  Not much if any warranty on those.  :'(

The cover is another story, and it depends on a few things, unfortunately sounds like your dealer is not going to deal with it.  Most covers with care should last at least 4 to 5 years.     I think Sundance/Jacuzzi warrants their covers for 1 to 2 years if I remember right, I have never had to deal with it.    You may have some recourse with the manufacturer of the cover which is not sundance?    I kinda doubt you will get anywhere.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:14:57 pm »
My cover experienced the same failure you describe at just over the 2 year mark.  Difference is, my dealer went to bat and got me another one at no charge.  I keep thinking I should get a floating blanket to reduce the moisture that the cover is exposed to...never seem to get around to it.  I suspect that this problem may not be too unusual, as my cover got heavier and heavier with moisture over time.  Dr.Spa is reported to make great covers that have better than average wrapping to keep the moisture out...

Steve

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:43:51 pm »
I've heard the three part Maxxus covers can be troublesome.  My dealer, I believe, only uses the two part cover on the Maxxus.  Sundance (and Jacuzzi) uses (or at least used to use) Ideal covers.  My Optima cover is just about six years old and starting to get a little heavy so will be replacing in the near future.  Otherwise it is still in good shape.  It came with a three year warranty, though I am sure it is pro rated.  If yours is less than three years old, there may be some warranty relief.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:03:45 pm »
Galen's trifold cover also fell apart in less than a couple of years.  I think his dealer got his replaced, too.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tailhooker

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:01:11 pm »
My cover experienced the same failure you describe at just over the 2 year mark.  Difference is, my dealer went to bat and got me another one at no charge.  I keep thinking I should get a floating blanket to reduce the moisture that the cover is exposed to...never seem to get around to it.  I suspect that this problem may not be too unusual, as my cover got heavier and heavier with moisture over time.  Dr.Spa is reported to make great covers that have better than average wrapping to keep the moisture out...

Steve
Everyone talks about the Spa Blanket being the way to save the cover.  Go with the thick blanket over the thin bubble version.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:01:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42