What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why can't you add all the chemicals at same time?  (Read 3946 times)

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Why can't you add all the chemicals at same time?
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:02:01 am »
My directions from Spaguard says to add for instance PH Increaser/Decreaser with pumps running on high, wait 15 minutes then add Dichlor, then wait 15 minutes, then add Stain and Scale Control, wait 15 minutes then add Water Clarifier, etc.

My question is, why do you have to wait 15 minutes or so between application of different types of chemicals.. isn't it all mixing together in the same water anyway?

Can't I just add all the stuff at the same time and let the spa pumps run on high for like 30 minutes and still get the same results?

Hot Tub Forum

Why can't you add all the chemicals at same time?
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:02:01 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Why can't you add all the chemicals at same ti
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:14:34 am »
No, It will cloud your water and each product needs time to do its job.

If your time is that in demand, try 5- 10 minutes in between each application... If all else fails, go by the directions.

I wouldn't be using a clarifier all the time.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:48:46 am »
No, It will cloud your water and each product needs time to do its job.

If your time is that in demand, try 5- 10 minutes in between each application... If all else fails, go by the directions.

I wouldn't be using a clarifier all the time.
Some clarifiers, such as Sea Klear, are used weekly because they do other jobs. If you get one of the all natural clarifiers, they wont clog your filters (I am guessing this is why you would not use it all the time) Sometimes it is easier to use one such as Sea Klear weekly and prevent a problem than to try to clean one up after the fact.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:02:29 pm by Hillbilly_Hot_Tub »
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

cburk0677

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:16:45 pm »
I add chlorine and ph up or down within 30 seconds of each other and have never had issues with water clouding. Been doing this for the last year!
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:28:59 pm »
I go out with my chemicals in my 3 oz dixie cups turn on the pumps and dump them in one after another.  In over 5 years I haven't had a problem.

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 02:44:47 pm »
yeah I usually put them in within like 5 minutes of each other and never had a problem.. I'm wondering why I can't just throw them all in at the same time.. doesn't seem like it should be an issue..

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 03:01:19 pm »
Some of them will not get along with each other if they are touching in high concentrations. I have never had an issue with most chemicals putting them in 1 at a time, allowing them to mix for a few minutes then adding the next one and so on. Stain and scale products you have to do separatly. PH adjusters seem to be ok together.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 03:48:39 pm »
I go out with my chemicals in my 3 oz dixie cups turn on the pumps and dump them in one after another.  In over 5 years I haven't had a problem.

And that is why your Defensive Backs are blowing out their knees!  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 04:26:19 pm »
Adding Chlorine and Acid at the same time can create a very deadly gas. They have to be in strong concentrations, but I don't consider it to be worth the risk, personally.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 05:06:11 pm »

And that is why your Defensive Backs are blowing out their knees!  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 05:06:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42