What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Chairman II  (Read 4001 times)

henryk

• Sheer determination will always triumph.
D1 Chairman II
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:54:20 am »
Was wondering if any Chairman II owners could comment on the massage aspects of this spa specifically.  

We have wet tested Artic Tundra was very impressed with it's massage.  However the only available D1 moidel we have tried wet was the Lotus Bay and although the water quality was excellent, impressed by the M drive electronic control (sounds like a BMW), massage seemed not quite as good as Artic.  The Lotus Bay and the Chairman II are two very different tubs.

The delma is no Chairman in stock, and opportunity to wet test.  They seem to be selling like hot cakes with the local dealer, we need to commit if we want one the next one on order, without waiting for another 6-8 weeks.  

I am leary to commit without wet testing the Chairman.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:58:01 am by henryk »
Artic Tundra Signature

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Chairman II
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:54:20 am »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: D1 Chairman II
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:07:01 am »
Henry--

We didn't wet test a Chairman, but we wet tested an Amore' Bay--and the massage seats were nice and fit hubby and me well.  The neck jets and water features were sloppy, though.

We are now waiting on a Tundra and thus far I don't think the Amore Bay massage seats compared to the other two Arctics I have been in (friend has a Kodiak and we wet tested a Klondiker).

My personal fave is Arctic.  Dealer is now going to order one in and have us wet test it (no obligation!!) ;)

Good luck--I know this doesn't help much, sorry. :(

Chrisi :)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

henryk

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:14:35 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Chrisi  The neck jet pack was rather unimpressive, I agree.  

Sounds like you have a very good/supportive dealer.  Looking forward to hearing more on your experience with the Tunndra... :)
Artic Tundra Signature

Scott

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:07:41 pm »
Henry,
I realize that this may or may not be helpful but I personally did not like the Chairman especially the lounger. The jets were marginal too. I after exhausting wet testing went with the D1 Lotus bay. The reason behind this decision was that all the other tubs were nice at least one seat was good for me and the rest were either not at all or useless.

I choose the Lotus because I felt every seat had something different massage in every seat which others did not due for me. I also use one seat as a make shift lounger that after experimenting has became my new favorite. Again this is strictly a personal choice based on the only way to buy and that is wet testing.

G. Scott

henryk

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 08:58:48 am »
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the time you took to respond.  All information is good.  Although I want the Chairman II to work for us.  If it does not provide the massage I am looking for then I am sure to be disappointed in the long term.

I agree wet test is utlimately the only sure way to know...
Artic Tundra Signature

Tailhooker

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:09:44 pm »
Every seat in the Chairman II is like a bucket seat.  The lounger (tried it dry) fit me good, I'm 6'3"  I felt a little restricted in the seats but some of the buckets look like then would give a great massage.  Wet test!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:10:19 pm by Tailhooker »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:09:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42