What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spas vs Artesian Spas  (Read 10554 times)

OKIEdave

Cal Spas vs Artesian Spas
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:01:28 pm »
I have been looking around for a couple of weeks now and have narrowed it down to either a Cal Spa or Artesian, both from Watsons.  Does anyone have an opinion on one versus the other?  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spas vs Artesian Spas
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:01:28 pm »

Spatini

Re: Cal Spas vs Artesian Spas
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:16:36 pm »
Okie, I tried both the Artesian and the CalSPa , for me the Artesian Platinum Elite series was head and shoulders above the Cal in fit and finish ,was way more comfortable and had a lot better therapy, I was down to the Artesian Piper Glen and the Jacuzzi J-480 and eventually chose the Jacuzzi . But the only way to know for sure yourself is to ,, you guessed it WET TEST both of them.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:13:10 pm »
By far, go with Artesian.  Just do a search for Cal Spa on this forum and I think you'll get a good idea.  There are happy Cal Spa owners - no doubt.  But, if you have wet tested the Artesian and it works for you, go with that.  You said you are looking at Watson's - that is too bad because many of them have less than stellar service after the sale.  They might not even afford you an opportunity to wet test, but you must do that before buying.

Artesian is a good brand with nice features.  They have really come a long way in the past few years, so I think you can be happy with them.

As to looking at Watson's, you might look for other dealerships in your local area with other brands.  I have just heard too many bad stories about the service you don't get with Watson's.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

OKIEdave

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:20:07 pm »
I like the Artesian features and fit a little better but I can get the Cal Spa for about $1500 less.
As for the service at Watsons, I have talked to 3 different people there, one was really good and informative, but has been on vacation.  One other guy was just a little high strung, and the third was more like a car dealer, saying "I dont usually tell people this" and "b/c I like you I will do this".....he was getting on my nerves, but I think I can work that guy a little too.
I might take a little more time looking around.  Watsons was just having a "sale", but if they can give me that price today then they should be able to give it to me tomorrow.
Thanks

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 04:23:31 pm »
I love my CalSpa and it has been 100% trouble free!

Make sure whoever you buy from the dealer will
be supportive and not take the money and run.

Erin

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 04:14:42 pm »
Cal Spas has a really bad name on this forum, and some other places as well. As long as you have good dealer support, any product should work well for you. Cal Spas is a great tub, and there prices are very affordable for a good sized tub.

Just wet test, wet test, wet test.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 04:54:12 pm »
Cal Spas has a really bad name on this forum, and some other places as well. As long as you have good dealer support, any product should work well for you. Cal Spas is a great tub, and there prices are very affordable for a good sized tub.

Just wet test, wet test, wet test.

It is VERY important to have a good dealer behind you. Separate from that you want a VERY good manufacturer making and backing that product. Why not have both, gerat dealer and great product! As far as Cal being a "great" tub, we're all entitled to our own opinion.

Of the two options mentioned I'd lean toward Artesian.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Micah

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 05:03:11 pm »
I don't want to get into what is a better tub.  My opinion might differ from some people.  I would be more concerned with having a manufacture that is still in business in 5 years.  From where I sit Cal Spas has a much better chance of being around in five years.  Many of the smaller companies that build spas now will be bankrupt in 5 years.(perhaps even 5 months)
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Erin

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 05:43:03 pm »
[As far as Cal being a "great" tub, we're all entitled to our own opinion.  
][/quote]
And I was just stating mine.

[Of the two options mentioned I'd lean toward Artesian. ][/quote]
And I just happened to go towards Cal.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 05:48:32 pm »
"Many of the smaller companies that build spas now
will be bankrupt in 5 years.(perhaps even 5 months)"

wow
is it really that bad?
i do think the economy is going to get alot worse
and i suppose tubs would be far down the priority list for working families
dang, didn't know alot of tub makers were on the brink

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 06:11:26 pm »
[As far as Cal being a "great" tub, we're all entitled to our own opinion.  
]And I was just stating mine.

[Of the two options mentioned I'd lean toward Artesian. ]And I just happened to go towards Cal.

Which is exactly why I avoided saying you were wrong but rather made the point that my opinion differs.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Micah

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 06:11:48 pm »

wow
is it really that bad?
Perhaps "many" is a bit alarming.  But "some" will definetly go by the wayside.  As an example here in So. California I can think of 15 spa stores that have gone under in the last 6 months.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 06:46:06 pm »

wow
is it really that bad?

Since most of these companies are privately held, most are simply cutting back on production and staff to make it through the difficult times.  

I seriously doubt Artesian in on the brink.  I could be wrong, but they are the typical private company that can cut back to stay at least even, while their owners still pull a nice salary.  I don't think Artesian is going anywhere.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 07:36:25 pm »
Perhaps "many" is a bit alarming.  But "some" will definetly go by the wayside.  As an example here in So. California I can think of 15 spa stores that have gone under in the last 6 months.  

So we're talking "dealers" here and not manufacturers right?  :-? I get that one can effect the other but...

So what has lead you to believe that Artesian "the company", may go belly up? Are you just basing this off of the current economy?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:37:04 pm by Steve »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 07:50:55 pm »
By far, go with Artesian.  Just do a search for Cal Spa on this forum and I think you'll get a good idea.  There are happy Cal Spa owners - no doubt.  But, if you have wet tested the Artesian and it works for you, go with that.  You said you are looking at Watson's - that is too bad because many of them have less than stellar service after the sale.  They might not even afford you an opportunity to wet test, but you must do that before buying.

Artesian is a good brand with nice features.  They have really come a long way in the past few years, so I think you can be happy with them.

As to looking at Watson's, you might look for other dealerships in your local area with other brands.  I have just heard too many bad stories about the service you don't get with Watson's.

Isn't this a Watson's dealer that carries HS?  :-? Or is this a different "Watson's"?? Would HS partner with a company that has such a bad reputation?

http://www.watsons-superstore.com/submenu.cfm?locID=1&ID=2

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 07:50:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42