What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature 2 Spa Purifier  (Read 5870 times)

boatbuilder

Nature 2 Spa Purifier
« on: April 02, 2008, 10:59:26 am »
Ok now I am having another dilemma. I got my new Nature 2 Spa Purifier... and with the threaded filter design on my bullfrog 331... I can not for the life of me get the Nature 2 within the filter! Its just flat impossible to put the extension on the Nature 2 and then get the filter on over it and get the Nature 2 up inside the filter. Any know tricks to getting this situated properly inside the filter??

Does a Nature 2 spa purifier have to be inside the filter intake or can it be just left in the water? Please advise.
TIA!

Hot Tub Forum

Nature 2 Spa Purifier
« on: April 02, 2008, 10:59:26 am »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
Re: Nature 2 Spa Purifier
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:12:30 pm »
Yes, you can put Nature 2 "in the water".  It will work just as well.

I strongly recommend against trying to put anything in the filter itself.  There is a fair likelihood of it being sucked into the pump and resulting in a repair call.

We have our customers put their Nature 2 and Spa Frog cartidges in the filter compartment, not in the filter itself.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

boatbuilder

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:26 pm »
Ok ... so if I just lay it in the filter basket I'll be fine just doing that?

TubsAndCues

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 05:51:54 pm »
While I'm not saying I would recommend this to someone, I have had customers who have threaded their N2 cartridge up inside the filter and claimed it worked fine.  

However, N2 instructions show a picture of how to install the cartridge inside a closed top filter.  I'm not sure if you can find it online on their website, but you might find it on www.nature2.com

Also, N2 states in the instructions that they "assume no liabilities for the product if installed in any way other than the methods described in this manual."  Granted, I know they are covering their own butts, but I've always been under the assumption since this is an ionic silver and not a coloital silver that it has to have water running past it for it to work properly.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 08:00:07 pm »
Yes, you can put Nature 2 "in the water".  It will work just as well.

We have our customers put their Nature 2 and Spa Frog cartidges in the filter compartment, not in the filter itself.

In speaking with both Zodiac the makers of N-2 and the Frog people. I was told that it takes about about 2 weeks for the n-2 to be fully be introduced into your water and about 3 days for the frog. While neither tells you to remove them from the water it would seem that could do so with no negative effect. So as BauerN mentions just putting into the spa would for the proper time would allow the minerals to be introduced and than I would think you could remove them.

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:04:18 pm »
Ok ... so if I just lay it in the filter basket I'll be fine just doing that?

Yes, that's how my customers do it (and how we do it in our wet models - Bullfrog and Sundance).
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:15:52 pm »

Yes, that's how my customers do it (and how we do it in our wet models - Bullfrog and Sundance).

Do you know if you removed them after a few weeks if you would lose anything? I don't see how it would matter. Once the minerals are introduced I do not think there is any real need for the cartridge to remain.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:16:24 pm by Mendocino101 »

boatbuilder

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 04:28:07 pm »
Do you know if you removed them after a few weeks if you would lose anything? I don't see how it would matter. Once the minerals are introduced I do not think there is any real need for the cartridge to remain.

So you think that you can remove the N2 after it has been in the water for a few weeks?? Is this correct? I thought you put em in and left them in for 4 months.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:28:49 pm by boatbuilder »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:05:54 pm »

So you think that you can remove the N2 after it has been in the water for a few weeks?? Is this correct? I thought you put em in and left them in for 4 months.

I never asked either the frog or N-2 folks if you could remove them after a few weeks. The minerals typically last about 4 months or between water changes. Once they are introduced into the water they are done, so I would think you could remove the cartridges with no ill effect.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:06:42 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:05:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42