What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Southwestern PA Artesian Dealers??  (Read 7743 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Southwestern PA Artesian Dealers??
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 11:52:34 pm »
I talked today with our local Sundance / Artesian dealer. They said they are dropping the Artesian line and just going to carry Sundance. He said they have had some minor issues with moving jets on the Artesian and decided to just support one line of spas. I'm guessing in part because spa dealers around here are cutting back inventory until the economy gets better.

Scott  ;)

That is the one thing about Artesian I am definately not comfortable with--not many dealers!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 11:52:34 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 12:00:13 am »

That is the one thing about Artesian I am definately not comfortable with--not many dealers!

He had his last Artesian Spa on the floor today when I dropped by to discuss the wet test. They are such great looking tubs and I really like the seat arrangements. So far the best bang for the buck for me has been the Jacuzzi J-365. The Tim Allen tub has been the Coast. The salesman claims that once I step into a Sundance that the rest of the spas will be forgotten. OK, so it's the latest line, I know.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 12:06:32 am »

So far the best bang for the buck for me has been the Jacuzzi J-365. The Tim Allen tub has been the Coast. The salesman claims that once I step into a Sundance that the rest of the spas will be forgotten. OK, so it's the latest line, I know.

Scott  ;)

Hey, Termie and JJ are cheesin! ;D :D  What is the Tim Allen Tub? Did I miss something?
oops--my bad, sorry Term--I know you sell HS!  Not SUndance.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:07:38 am by wewannahottub »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 12:09:50 am »
What is the Tim Allen Tub?

So much power that the jets lift you right out of the spa. No other spa so far has the power of a Coast...
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 12:20:42 am »
Hmmmm.....  might be too much of a beating for me.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:22 am »
Hmmmm.....  might be too much of a beating for me.
You can dial them down and get very comfortable, my main concern was doing business with a Canadian spa manufacturer. Parts for one thing.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 12:31:16 am »
If we go with the Arctic (Canadian), I'll let you know about the parts-thing.  But if it is the LSE's with the 10 yr warranty--hopefully it won't be a issue!!  The dealer has been very helpful with my friend!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 12:41:26 am »
If we go with the Arctic (Canadian), I'll let you know about the parts-thing.  But if it is the LSE's with the 10 yr warranty--hopefully it won't be a issue!!  The dealer has been very helpful with my friend!
My only concern is that if they don't service what they sell then you are at the mercy of the spa service company. In Vegas there is 3 service companies and they charge trip fees even on warranty calls. When I talk to a Spa dealer who services what he sells then there is no service call charge.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 12:48:45 am »
Good points--I believe everyone we have spoken with in our area does their own service--but it is definatly somethin' to keep in mind when making a sale.  Fortunately most of the dealers we visited have been around for a while and don't look like they're going anywhere soon.

WWHT ;)

wewannahottub

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 07:16:10 pm »
So, just to keep the thread up to date on Artesian dealers in my area,  I have been in communication with someone from the plant.  He sent me a list, though he wasn't sure of the accuracy, and the local dealer (Caldera/Coleman) quit selling them some time ago.  I didn't ask why.  So, I noticed one in State College PA where my boy goes to PSU, and I called.  Unless there would be a more local serviceman, there would be minimum $150/trip charge for his service guy.  THe store itself is almost 3 hours away!!!Hubby is still wanting to see one, but we aren't sure.   :-/

Well, the drama continues :(

Chrisi

wewannahottub

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 04:10:05 pm »
Anyhoo, we talked to the Former Artesian dealer in the area and the reason he dropped the line was "a personal issue between their store and the company", nothing against the spa, and has had no issues with the spas he sold.  I believe this is the second Artesian dealer referred to on the forum that had the same issue--personal and not spa related.  So, if there are that few Art. dealers on the East Coast, ther are too many redflags to ignore.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 04:10:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42