What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Too much $$$ for a Clearwater Orlando??  (Read 6347 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Too much $$$ for a Clearwater Orlando??
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:34:41 pm »
Hello all!!  We are greatly appreciating advice--We are looking at a CLearwater Orlando Hottub (it has 2 massage thrapy seats--I am a floater :-[ :exclamation and we don't want a lounger).  The one we want has capability to seat 6-7 adults, stereo with subwoofer, lights, Microban Lucite, as well as lots of therapy.  (I am and RN and want leg and neck as well as foot jets--this has it all!)

Well, after wet testing--we loved- :-*-and trying to negotiate a price ( all other dealers in the area were ALREADY offering cover lifts and steps and delivery--we had to beg for the lifter)  we still were given a price of $13,544, only $105 cheaper than originally quoted. :o :-?  Seems to me, if I can buy a car cheaer than the list price, I could deal the same with a spa.  Any comments/questions/suggestions??

We have also looked at the Dimension 1 AMore' Bay--awesome!!  haven't wet tested yet though--we probably will soon!! ::)

Again--all thoughts and comments are appreciated--even from salespeople ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

Too much $$$ for a Clearwater Orlando??
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:34:41 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Too much $$$ for a Clearwater Orlando??
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:53:35 pm »
 we still were given a price of $13,544, only $105 cheaper than originally quoted.

I don't really know Clearwater well and while that is a good sized spa $13k seems like a lot. If you haven't already I'd visit the websites of the some the top spa makers (besides the D1 which you mentioned and should test) and use their dealer locators to see who is local to you such as Arctic, Caldera, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance, etc.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:36:33 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dipstick

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:35:13 pm »
That is about $13,543 too high for a Clearwater.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:35:32 pm by Dipstick »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:21:04 pm »
You can "deal" with most cars as they price them high enough to give some leeway towards dealing. You can't deal for a Saturn  ;)........... It all depends on how they initially price them.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 01:18:59 am »
$13K is a LOT for a spa.  For ANY Spa.  Over 70% of the hot tubs sold in the US are under $10K.  If your spending over that amount, you are spending more than most.  However, if you are going to spend that much for a spa, make CERTAIN you get a good one.  Dimension One seems to be one of the premiere mfg's for higher end spas.  Other name brands like Hot Springs and Sundance are also good choices.  I've been around this industry for a little over 6 years and have never heard of a "Clearwater Orlando" so that should give you an idea of it's popularity (non-existent?)
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 01:50:20 pm »
Doesn't look "low quality".  Lots of jets, but pretty run-of-the mill.

http://www.clearwaterspas.com/resort-series_orlando_sig.htm

With all of those features (4 jet pumps, 100+ jets), you can expect a high price tag.

You'd be up there with a Lotus Bay, Serena Bay, Maxxus, etc...(in features - not necessarily construction).

$13K does still seem a bit high, but it's hard to say.  Doc's right about some having leeway and others not.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 02:12:39 pm »
Doc's right about some having leeway and others not.

The Mysterious Dr. Spa is never wrong:

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:35 pm »
I've been around this industry for a little over 6 years and have never heard of a "Clearwater Orlando" so that should give you an idea of it's popularity (non-existent?)

There's record of their website going back to 1998. They've been around longer than you  ;D I wonder if they've heard of you?.... (sorry, couldn't resist that one).

There are MANY smaller, more regional spa manufacturer around. Just because they're not nationally, or even internationally known, doesn't make one iota of a difference as to the quality of their product.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Pathfinder

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 04:13:18 pm »
Its a big tub lots of pumps and jets  not a whole lot of insulation.  I cant say how much their top tub is worth but my top Pacific tub costs almost that much for me to buy.  I think the Amore Bay is in the same price range??

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 04:53:28 pm »

There's record of their website going back to 1998. They've been around longer than you  ;D I wonder if they've heard of you?.... (sorry, couldn't resist that one).

There are MANY smaller, more regional spa manufacturer around. Just because they're not nationally, or even internationally known, doesn't make one iota of a difference as to the quality of their product.

Bunka doesn't work in the industry but is a spa owner so I imagine he meant he's followed the spa industry for 6 years. Spa owners on the East coast or in the South (which is where he's at I believe) probably won't hear much about Clearwater whereas most anyone in the spa industry would know of them as a moderately sized spa maker. There are MANY spa makers out there who regional to some degree. They are obviously small compared to Hot Spring and Sundance but compared to Honey Spas they're huge. ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:53:51 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 11:06:35 pm »
Yep, I was just saying that in the 6 years I've been around (not selling, jsut reading and seeing what others have mentioned).  This is the first time I've ever heard about that brand.  I guess that means that should the buyer ever want to sell it, they may have a harder time re-selling it than they would if they bought another brand.  Tell someone your selling the name brand "Jacuzzi" and you can probably count on getting a decent price for it.  Trying to sell a "lesser-known" brand and you'll be lucky to get a fraction of what you would for a better known product.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

RK23

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 09:23:11 am »
The founder and CEO's name is Ronald Clearwater.  Seriously!

http://www.clearwaterspas.com/about1.htm

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 09:23:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42