What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Softub - DreamMaker questions  (Read 14239 times)

loosenupspas

Re: Softub - DreamMaker questions
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 01:31:12 pm »
California Cooperage model 103 is an excellent tub, well engineered and comfy.  Find one at your local Coleman dealer......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 01:31:12 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 01:51:26 pm »
The advantage of Soft tubs are as follows:
Portability

That's it!

They are a glorified kiddies pool with no therapy, no comfort (sitting on the floor) and no heat retention (115V). Often they can cost $2000+ which I find criminal and that money could be better spent on a used spa if cost was the factor.

If it's a soft sided "spa" someone wants, go to your local ToysRus and buy an inflatable wading pool and then stop on your way home at Costco and buy a case of baked beans. You'll get similar results! ;)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:10:25 pm by Steve »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 03:03:54 pm »
I just bought a DreamMaker Fantasy and I'm having some problems with the company. There is a serious design flaw. The rim of the tub is not even - there are 5 large gaps where the cover does not touch the tub

The company claims gaps between the rim and the cover have no effect on heat loss (but refuse to provide their test data) and so far have not agreed to fix the problem. .

:-?  Would your refrigerator or freezer work as well if the door didn't seal? Much less 5 gaps.  ::)

They claim I am the only person of 1000 sales to complain.

>:(  Sooo...they think you are the problem?  I had competitors who approached service/flaw problems the same way.  

Operative word here is "HAD".   8-)
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 05:23:32 pm »
"The company claims gaps between the rim and the cover have no effect on heat loss (but refuse to provide their test data) and so far have not agreed to fix the problem". .

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would require test data for something as obvious as that??

Send pictures to the manufacturer and ask for a written response. Tell them you're on every spa forum on the internet and people are curious as to how your company is going to handle this. And that your lawyer is too! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 05:23:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42