What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wife gets a rash  (Read 3195 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Wife gets a rash
« on: January 26, 2008, 09:13:10 am »
I have read many threads about rashes from the tubs.  Just wanted to know that my wife thinks she is getting a rash from thr tub.  She is in it maybe 2-3 times a month....me...4+ times a week.  My little man is usualy in there with me.  My point, water tests fines and looks fine.....could be that some people are more sensative to the chemicals.

.......or maybe she just doesn't want to soak ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Wife gets a rash
« on: January 26, 2008, 09:13:10 am »

Cyn

Re: Wife gets a rash
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:17:23 am »
Absolutely, some people are more sensitive to the chemicals and even some people are more sensitive to the 'nasties' or the bacteria.  They say that men are actually more likely to get the tub rash, possibly because their pores are more enlarged.  Your wife could just be sensitive to having her skin get dry from the chemicals and she scratches and that starts the itch/scratch cycle.  

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 10:09:07 am »
Hey Pete. Sorry to hear about your wife’s rash. She could be allergic to chemical. I have also seen it where a lot of customers have been sensitive to very warm or hot water. What temp is your hot tub set at? If it is 103 or 104 you might try like 98 or 99 when your wife gets in it next to see if she has the same problem. If she does, then you may try a different sanitizer. For example, if you are using bromine, you may try chlorine. Hope you figure it out so your wife can enjoy the spa as well. :)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 01:35:33 pm »
Thanks for the tips....we will try them

spa-ing

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 09:07:12 pm »
As a woman, I can tell you to make sure if she is getting a reaction to shower after her soaks and moisturize her skin. I find while I am not allergic to Bromine, it is quite drying and could exacerbate sensitive skin.

If that doesn't help, try different chemicals.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 09:07:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42