What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Age old question-did I pick wisely?  (Read 5165 times)

rimfire

Age old question-did I pick wisely?
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »
Have spent several hours reviewing various spa related websites and forums, and this one seems to be the most active/current; so I am seeking your thoughts. 18 Years ago we purchased a Sundance Cameo (mostly because there was a dealer close by and we liked the look/features a floor model). Overall we have been happy with the spa despite several issues over the years (replaced control panel twice, the air blower/bubbles quit working, lighting gave out). When it began leaking like a sieve and a trip from the spa doctor & a few replacement parts didn't help it was time to say goodbye. I (the occassional spa user) was bummed that our expensive toy didn't last longer, while my husband (the every night soaker) tried to tell me that we had gotten more years out of it than average. So he visited Sundance again, checked out Hot Springs and a few others. Then while accompanying a co-worker (whose 12 year old problem free Home Depot spa just died) I checked out spas from Diamante Spas.  I really liked the look and feel of the spa, the lounge seat actually fit me better than our old spa (no floating out), and I knew the shoulder feature/therapy chair would be right up his alley(along with the stereo system). So I rather impulsively ordered a Revolution model.  I am curious though, that I have not found a lot of information about Diamante Spas (good or bad) on the web. It appears that their manufacturing company has made spas under other brand/private labels for some time? The sales staff were fairly low pressure and they were very upfront about the fact that they felt Sundance was a very good brand  and did not trash the brands we were considering, just pointed out the similarities and differences in their product. I was excited to get a surprise for my spa deprived husband and a spa that has a few features that I think will entice me to soak more,  but am a little worried about the lack of information out there. I welcome your input....

Hot Tub Forum

Age old question-did I pick wisely?
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Age old question-did I pick wisely?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:30:37 pm »
Sundance is certainly one of the top brands out there as well as Hot Spring.

Diamante would be more of a mid-level spa.  They would not be in the same league as the above and others such as Marquis, Dimension One, Jacuzzi and a few others.

That is not to say that Diamante makes a bad spa.  However, I wouldn't expect another 18 years out of it.  Should you choose to stick with one of the top brands, I think you could feel safe in getting the same life span.

Ultimately, you have to decide which spa is the most comfortable for you.  You might find that none of the top tier spas suits yours needs therapy and comfort-wise.  Also, it sounds like the dealer you are working with has good salespeople.  I do not like it when salespeople trash their competition.  You will also want to look into the dealer's reputation locally.  Look at http://www.bbb.org to see if they are in good standing.  How long have they been in business?  How long have their service techs worked for them.

Just my 2 cents worth.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:08:05 pm »
I'm in the final 2 months of my 5 year warranty, 18 years sounds good.  When my job gets moved to Mexico I might only be able to addord an softside spa.   Good luck, We hope you stick around and let us know how it goes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tinybubbles

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 04:34:23 pm »
Ok, how much did Sundance pay you for that post?  Talk about great advertising!  18 years out of a spa.....people are going to be running to their nearest Sundance dealer.  I've never heard of Diamante spas myself, but I just checked out their website.  I couldn't find any info. about the equipment they use in their spas.  The fact that it was a good fit for you is important.  Hope you get many enjoyable years out of your new spa.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 05:09:50 pm »
Diamante makes an nice spa. The revolution I believe is the top of the ladder for them. A much smaller company than Sundance. They use balboa controls it should be a good spa.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 06:55:27 pm »
Your post brings up a good point.  Your friend got 12 years out of a Home Depot spa, which I find even more shocking than you getting 18 out of a Sundance (which is awesome)!  Both are a good, long life for a spa.  I think, on average, you're going to expect that life expectancy out of a top tier spa (Vanguard posts several of the tops).  You obviously take good care of your spa, so --hopefully -- you'll get a good life expectancy out of the next.  Home Depot should pay you even more than Sundance!  LOL.  As much as we (myself included) sing the fight song for the top tier spas, and caution those looking at the big box tubs to remember that you get what you pay for, sometimes even the inexpensive ones can last a while.  Good luck with your tub!
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 06:55:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42