What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Expos  (Read 8989 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Spa Expos
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 01:00:20 am »
If there is one thing I've have learned during my times lurking on this forum it is to never questiorn east tex's authority in these matters!

Ohh Yeah right old Chris is a like cold a drink on a hot day....or like still waters with his depth of useful information.... ::)...lol...now of course if you are talking beer, guns or hydro technicians well he does offer some genuine insights...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:01:54 am by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 01:00:20 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 11:10:45 am »
...now of course if you are talking beer, guns or hydro technicians well he does offer some genuine insights...

Don't forget fried foods. ET is the resident connoisseur when it comes to what is best battered and fried. Then again in Texas they probably even have deep fried Skittles!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:22:17 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 11:32:33 am »
that's right I forgot about that. I think the next time the "Iron Chef" show does its fried fair challenge he is going to be one the "celebrity" judges.... ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 11:33:04 am by Mendocino101 »

clover

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 11:39:29 am »

Just ask Terminator about their tactics when they do a show down the road from his store.  They tell the unknowing customer that East Texas Spas will service the spa until their new dealer is up and running.  Of course, they have not even approached East Texas about service and they have no dealer currently being set up.  

They did the same kind of thing at a home show in Houston that I saw one time.  They were telling customers about who would service their spas.  Of course, that dealer wasn't at the home show to verify that and they hadn't agreed to service the spas and there is still no Master Spas dealer in Houston.

Despicable.  
Term was totally unaware of these phoney road shows until they came to his neck of the woods last year and began affecting his market area.  We have been dealing with MS sales tactics, their pool and spa expos and their cash back rebates for over 6 years in our area, Michigan, Ohio, Ind.  We have watched them screw hundreds of people on the "Cash back rebates", and the strange thing is, when you told the consumer what the real truth was, they would NOT believe  competing dealers.  They wanted to believe it was real and did it in spite of the multiple warnings.    

They thought the dealers that were warning them of the truth were just "sour grapes" as the lambs were led to slaughter.  It was truley amazing, just watching consumers do it to themselves after being warned by different dealers in the area.  We are talking about some serious money here, $10,000 and more in some cases that they thought they were getting back in 36 months only to find out that they were fooled and that there would be NO money rebates.

"Let me see now, if I buy that $14,000 top of the line model and I get $10,000 back, that spa will only cost me $4,000, that is awesome.  No wonder the other dealers don't want me to buy this spa, theirs will cost me $8,800.  I will buy the cheaper one for $4,000, here is my check for $14,000"

As a result, the consumer grossly overpaid for what they bought, the sales person was highly compensated at the show to close the deal, and more often than not, the spa was delivered and no service was available from a dealer network.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 12:29:02 pm »
It isn't that Masters is a bad product.  I feel that the circumstances of these expos diminish the brand's reputation.  

Thats is almost exactly what the local MS Dealer of many years told me after they switched to Hawkeye.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 01:59:33 pm »
Total agreement with "The Terminator Principles" here.

"Expos" are BAD NEWS!  The money spent with a reputable dealer of a high-tier manufacturer will be worthwhile, if not for support from a local business, then for peace of mind with local service.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 02:10:36 pm »
I took so much heat from Master Spas apologists regarding these events a few years ago when they first started and I went to one as a consumer not knowing until I got there what a complete and utter sham they were and continue to be. I think Master does hurt the entire spa industry with these shows. People go and get burned and the next thing you know they are telling their friends not of what a great experience of owning a spa is, but the horrors of getting ripped off at a event like this.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:11:02 pm by Mendocino101 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 02:20:18 pm »
I suspect some of the venues weren't real happy with those shows either.  Here in Columbus, they teamed up with a pretty good home show, but the show got lots of complaints. The show goes on with the usual local contractors and businesses When they show came back to Columbus in early 07 it was by itself at a different location.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Scaramanga

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 03:04:52 pm »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 03:04:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42