What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: copper ionization  (Read 2281 times)

Micah

copper ionization
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:13:38 pm »
Has anyone experimented with copper ions.  Either in the liquid form or in the form of a digital ionizer.  I purchased several units at the Aqua show to try out and so far I am impressed.  The water is so clear and no chlorine at all.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Hot Tub Forum

copper ionization
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:13:38 pm »

solo

Re: copper ionization
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:40:23 pm »
When I owned a pool I ran a water purification system from Nature 2 that emitted Silver and Copper ions into the water.  All I had to do was maintain trace amounts of chlrorine.  It was great.

But the cartridge that Nature 2 makes for spas doesn't use copper.  There has got to be a reason for this.  I would bve cautious in trying copper for that reason.  

brandnew1019

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:04:49 pm »
for the pool version, the copper is used as a algicide. since algae is not typically an issue is tubs, this is not included in the nature 2 cartridge (which i am a fan of). from what i understand, the copper in the water may not hurt anything, but you do run the risk of the metal falling out of solution which would cause staining to your tub.

Trenden

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 05:34:58 pm »
I’ve been using Rainforest Blue for the last eight months or so with good results.  It’s copper sulfate.   That and a weekly diclor shock is all that’s required.

TheSpaExpert

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:54:10 am »
There is a insane man in Colarodo that prefers this method. His science is sound, but he is socially retarted.  I would use another method so as not to be associated with his teachings.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:54:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42