What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dam tub is down!  (Read 8242 times)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
Dam tub is down!
« on: November 30, 2007, 06:22:02 pm »
Went out to shock the tub in preparation for a night of soaking and it shocked me. FL1 error flashing and the temp is 91 degrees. I took the filters out, powered down the spa, put new filters in and powered back up with no change, still flashes FL1.  :'(

Had the circ pump replaced earlier this year, water was changed a few weeks ago, don't know what brought this on.

Any ideas on the FL1 error code? This would be a perfect night for the tub, got a fresh keg and some new cigars but 91 degrees wont do.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Dam tub is down!
« on: November 30, 2007, 06:22:02 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Dam tub is down!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 07:13:32 pm »
It sounds like it's either a bad flow switch or there is an "air lock'' at the pump intake. See your owner's manual for instructions on how to purge the "air lock".

mjb

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:20:44 pm »
Lt Dan...
Try this
1. Turn off the power to your spa at the breaker or disconnect.
2. Remove the filters.
3. Look for the "grated" opening.
4. Place your garden hose without a spray nozzle over
    that intake and run full flow water through for a few minutes.
5. Turn the power back on without the filters in.
If this does not work you can try again or call the folks at
All Seasons.
p.s. make sure there is nothing floating around in the spa
      such as toys, cigar butts, or bikinis

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:21:59 pm »
I wonder if he got a hold of all Seasons yet?  Its going to be a great soaking night tonight cold, with clear skies.  If it doesn't get fixed some let me know. I'll trade a few soaks for some free passes through Gahanna  ;D

When I had this problem is was a flow valve, the Dynasty factory told me how to bypass the switch so that it would heat again, but as soon as the tub reached temp it would shut off and you would have to do it again, at least if kept the tub from freezing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:26:10 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 11:15:53 am »
Last water change was a few weeks ago, can't be an airlock. Used the tub Thursday night and everything was fine. It's holding at 91, I run the pumps to help keep the heat up. Time to call the dealer.

I can certainly arrange the free passes through Gahanna, we've got several miles of I270 to play with that Mustang of yours on!

Follow up: Service call placed, no techs on the weekends though. They will call Monday to set up a time. Perfect tub nights and no tub (at least not a hot one).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:39:06 am by LtDan »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 07:13:14 pm »
Holding at 91?  Have you tried running with out the filters?  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 01:13:53 pm »
got a fresh keg and some new cigars

At least you have some beer and cigars to keep you occupied till the repair.

Brewman

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 03:40:56 pm »
Holding at 91?  Have you tried running with out the filters?  

Yeah, tried that first. Powered down, took filters out, powered up, still got the code. Checked this morning, tub up to 101 and not flashing. Turned jets on, it immediately came up with the error code. Still put in new filters, the ones in it were the original.  At least it's not in danger of freezing though.

Never got a return call from service at the dealer. Gonna call them again.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 05:00:37 pm »
After calling this afternoon, got a call back in less than 1.5 hrs. A friendly female voice scheduled me for service on Thursday or Friday. It sure sounded like the same girl I talked to on Saturday that couldn't schedule an appointment for service.

She did remind me my tub is under warranty, just before asking for a credit card for the trip charge of 25 bucks. Sure doesn't seem that long ago I had the circulation pump replaced, if this is related I'm gonna have a trip charge issue. I am having them bring a replacement jet that failed, I'm paying for it though. And a diverter handle that broke, paying for that too. Can't use the tub, afraid the heater will quit. Better quit typing, starting to get pi$$ed.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 08:54:21 pm »
Been running the pumps all evening, heater works when pumps are on. No way am I missing tubbing on the first snow. Got the temp up to 103!  :)

A tall LaBatts from the kegorator and a Green Iguana cigar await. All week with no tub has sucked.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 06:02:21 pm »
What's the word Lt. Dan?

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 08:28:05 pm »
Bad flow switch. Tech was here Friday, replaced the switch and brought me a new jet that had failed and a spare I ordered to have on hand plus a new diverter handle.

I helped the tech put the panel back on, it is a tight fight (tub sunk into the deck, but is on a "deck" of it's own and about 3 feet off the ground). The other tech that's been out has never had a problem, this one does every time.

I'm just glad it's fixed. I've had circ pump failure, flow switch failure, light, panel flashing and wouldn't quit, jet fail and spew ball bearings... I hope I'm done with breakdowns.

Brothersean

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 08:51:36 pm »
Hey LtDan,

I'm Glad that your spa is back in service!!  How is the Labatts?  Is that what you always get?

Where are you a Lt.?

Brothersean

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 10:40:27 am »
I guess it was a bad week for limit switches,  I had one go bad on my Mustang, which made getting into reverse difficult.  I should be able to pick it up from Krieger tonight at 6.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 03:28:06 pm »
Hey LtDan,

I'm Glad that your spa is back in service!!  How is the Labatts?  Is that what you always get?

Where are you a Lt.?

Brothersean

Gahanna, suburb of Columbus Ohio, home of The Ohio State University!

I enjoy Labatts during hockey season, I switch around between LaBatts, Smithwyks, Harp, occasionally drive to Pa and pick up a keg of Yuengling.

I like to keep my liver guessing. The kegorator is a great companion to the hot tub.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:30:59 pm by LtDan »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 03:28:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42