What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Lifters?  (Read 11601 times)

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
Re: Cover Lifters?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:06:18 am »
Would a pro-lift II be hard to install myself? My spa is being delivered tomorrow, and if I INSIST on a pro-lift II, I'm sure it will take some time to get (they only have one pro-lift 1 in stock). So I will have to install it, plus pay an extra $150 for it. Should I do it??? I need to make this decision now before they drill the holes for the Covermate.
Ivie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:06:18 am »

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 08:34:49 am »
Good point about making your decision before they drill the holes!!  Now for me.. If I were to change my mind and want a different lifter system... is there a way to replace panels so that I won't have holes in the sides of my spa??

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 09:06:11 am »
If you are buying the hot tub and the cover from the dealer,  the cover lifter installation  should be included.  I know that some dealers don't and I find it very annoying. I've had a few hot tubs in my life, and recomend having the dealer install it.

Can you install it yourself? Sure.  But it can be a bit of a pain. and can take you 1/2 an hour maybe longer to do, and you run the risk of not installing it correctly, and damaging the tub, and/or the lifter.

If the dealer tells you it's "no big deal" then, if it's not a big deal, have them install it.   A seasoned dealer should have templates and jigs to help align the lifter and install it correctly and can do it quickly.  

The Prolift ii has the gas shock assist in the back and is a great lifter.  I don't get why this dealer is trashing pro lifts, not installing them and seems to be  steering you away? Why the Porlift  over the Prolift II?

If you are on a tight budget, then the dealer recomending you lesser price d, quality units  then I can understandbut if  the extra $150 is not a big deal to you, then I don't understand why this dealer would not recomend and install the PLII?  It's the better of the two lifters imho.

When you ask him directly specfically why he doesn't like the lifter, what does he say?

I have had great luck with my PL II and highly recomend it.
07 Caldera Geneva

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 09:20:35 am »
He says the holes you drill in the cover allows water in. They will install the Covermate when they deliver the spa, but if I have them order the prolift II, I don't think they will make another trip out to install it. The spa comes tomorrow.
Ivie

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 10:48:28 am »
I have owned my prolift II since May of this year, (not a long time) So I can't speak the water issue. This is the first I have heard of it, and if it's true  then I would be concerned.

Perhaps a dealer, or someone who has owned one for a signigicant period of time can chime in?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 10:48:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42