What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm Moving  (Read 3189 times)

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
I'm Moving
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:33:27 pm »
I am moving and taking the Hot tub with me.  I am getting movers to move all my stuff and they will move the Hot tub if I want them to but I am torn between the movers moving it or getting a seperate Hot Tub mover recommended by a dealer (not my dealer cause they just went out of business).  Savings would be abouot $300 if I got the regular movers to do it, I still have to pay for an electrician either way.  I am moving Dec 14th, hope it's not too cold up here.

Any thoughts

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Hot Tub Forum

I'm Moving
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:33:27 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: I'm Moving
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:39:04 pm »
Have a clear understanding on HOW the spa should be transported and instruct the movers accordingly. They also carry insurance so I wouldn't be too concerned. It's not rocket science but they do need to know how to move and ship it properly as most have no clue.

It should be shipped on its side with the plumbing area at the top. That's how they are shipped all over the world. Where ya moving to?

Rayman

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 12:50:31 pm »
Thanks Steve, staying in Brampton just moving from a cookie cutter new home to an 80 yr old downtown home.  Is the plumbing hard to disconnect from a Beachcomber with the step?

Ray

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:55:43 pm »
Thanks Steve, staying in Brampton just moving from a cookie cutter new home to an 80 yr old downtown home.  Is the plumbing hard to disconnect from a Beachcomber with the step?

Ray

Piece of cake my friend! These are hand tightened unions and a few wires. You could do it in 15 minutes. Just make sure you don't lose the o-rings as they can be left inside the union and fall out in shipping.

The great thing with your spa is that it is balanced on all 4 sides where all other spas are one side heavy due to the equipment. Much easier to negotiate these spas around...

Good luck with the move!! If I was closer I'd help.... ;D

Steve
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:58:14 pm by Steve »

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 01:49:49 pm »
I'll just add it will take 2 people to carry your equipment pack.  Bend your knees and lift with your legs not your back ;)  What you may want to do is call your closest BC dealer and ask if they have an extra equipment box lying around. That way you can put everything in 1 box and its easy to move since the box has handles.

Rayman

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 01:56:08 pm »
Great idea Pathfinder, looks like a trip to Bolton then.  ( I'm still p!ssed my dealer closed, they were less than 2 minutes away from me)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 01:56:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42