What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Average number of spas ready for wet test?  (Read 5205 times)

abc123

Average number of spas ready for wet test?
« on: November 04, 2007, 08:17:46 am »
On average how many spas are set up in your local dealers for wet test?  would you be happier to have more to try all at once?

Hot Tub Forum

Average number of spas ready for wet test?
« on: November 04, 2007, 08:17:46 am »

In Canada eh

Re: Average number of spas ready for wet test?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:33:43 am »
The dealer we bought our tub from had 3 spas ready for wet testing.  The Hot Springs dealer in town had 7 or 8 spas ready for testing and went our of his way to encourage wet testing a few different ones.  Some other dealers had no spas with water in them.

I think it would be best to offer a good variety of tubs set up for wet testing to demonstrate different seating heights and back angles
Bullfrog 451

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:23:06 am »
My dealer is small and only had 1 spa wet. I didn't ask to wet test so I don't know if she would have filled another spa.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 12:40:11 pm »
On average how many spas are set up in your local dealers for wet test?  would you be happier to have more to try all at once?
I visited 7 different spa dealers in my area, mostly well known brands. On average I'd say there was 2-3 spas up and running. I personally think that's plenty as long as they(the dealer) don't have a problem filling any dry spa on the floor that the customer would like to wet test. There were only a few that denied my request to fill a dry spa, so I crossed them off my list solely from that. No matter how good of a rep that particular brand had/has.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 12:42:22 pm »
The Jacuzzi dealer had one 400 series and one 300 series spa filled.  Not sure if they would transfer the water or not as the J480 was the one I was interested in and it was the one they had filled.  They also carried some other brands which had water in them.  The CalSpa and Caldera dealers had two or three filled.  The Hot Springs/Sundance dealer had four tubs filled.  At least in the series I was interested in.  They may have had some other brand tubs filled as well.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:48:34 pm »
The dealer that In Canada Eh is referring to has about twelve spas in his showroom and most are connected.  He keeps a pool sump ready to move water from one to another while you are wet testing.  You just tell him which one you want to go in.  This also makes for good dry testing if needed.  He was really good to deal with but I ended up liking the Epic for features that I wanted.  My epic dealer was much smaller with only one spa with water at the time.

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:47:12 am »
Most dealers I know have 2-3 some have more, but what I noticed is some bigger stores may have more running but I would not say they are set to wet test, I mean being out in the open in the middle of a 20,000 ft showroom for many is not what they would do. We have 3 and sometimes 4.

elegante

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 07:11:01 pm »
Our dealer had 5 or 6 ready for wet testing.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 11:01:15 am »
When I was looking, there was one dealer(I do not remember the brand  :-/), That due to insurance reasons, they were not able to have a tub set up to wet test. They told me this is happening to more and more dealers. It is because if someone wet tests and they have a medical reason they do not know about and should not be in a hot tub, they will get sued if anything happens.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:05:31 am »
I have 15 spas in my showroom.  9 of them are hot and wet.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spiderman

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 11:15:56 am »
9 in the showroom, 4 of which are ready for wet testing
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 12:02:53 pm »
We have four inside and four outside.  The way the spas are configured in the showroom we can easily swap which spas have water in them if someone wants a wet test on a particular model.

All our Hot Spring models are available for wet test, as well as the Tiger Rivers and Solanas.  The only spa we can't allow a wet-test on is the Hot Spot Mallorca because of the way the breaker is and our showroom is wired.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 12:57:47 pm »
I have 15 hydrotherapy technicians in my showroom.  9 of them are hot and wet.
What's your shop's address again???  :o
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Doobiewah

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 01:14:36 pm »
The only dealers we have found that have more than one or two available for wet test have been the Hot Spring dealers.  All of the others have had at most two, usually one, and many none.  The fewer the tubs for testing, the more we have heard "you don't need to wet test" (or, "they all feel the same so don't need to test the model you are looking at") from the sales personnel.  One shop had three filled with water but didn't allow wet testing "for sanitary reasons".  

The Doob

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 02:21:37 pm »
The only dealers we have found that have more than one or two available for wet test have been the Hot Spring dealers.  All of the others have had at most two, usually one, and many none.  The fewer the tubs for testing, the more we have heard "you don't need to wet test" (or, "they all feel the same so don't need to test the model you are looking at") from the sales personnel.  One shop had three filled with water but didn't allow wet testing "for sanitary reasons".  

The Doob

Wow, what's worse, having none and trying to convince the customer they don't need to wet test or having a few wet and not letting them wet test?

I've always thought 3 to be about the typical number ready to wet test and I certainly would expect that if they had water in them I could try them out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 02:21:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42