What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Hot tub problem  (Read 5682 times)

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Artesian Hot tub problem
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:39:27 pm »
I have owned this tub for over 2 years--never a problem one.   However I think i got a bad one now.  there are two hoses on the emerald that go to nothing--these are the hoses to get air for the jets i was told.  well when i turn on jets 2 and 3  my water now comes out the air hose.    Any ideas on what i should do.  Have rapair guy coming out on Monday at the earliest he said.     Thanks for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Hot tub problem
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:39:27 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Artesian Hot tub problem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:37:08 am »
Those lines probably have some sort of check valve.  It sounds like you may be having an issue with that.  If the spa is only two years old, call your dealer to repair it.  The spa should still be under warranty.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 08:45:26 pm »
Where are the check valves normally located???  i'm hoping that they wont have to tear in to the insulation to get at it.   They won't be here until monday because they are all in Wisconsin today.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:02 pm »
It really depends on the manufacturer.  They could be right behind the jets or they could be closer to the equipment compartment.  With Artesian, I'm not sure where they would put them.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

clover

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:26:19 pm »
Forget the check valves, they are not there.  They are air venturri lines that supply air intake to the WATER jets.  That is what gives you the air water mix.  The motion of moving water pulls air into the jet stream by venturri action.

Sit against the jet and block the water from coming out, well guess where it goes.  Cover your mouth with water coming out and the water comes out your nose.  Nothing is wrong here.  Run the jets and open the air venturri's to clear them of any water.  It is a natural action.

If you block the water from coming out of the jets, or the ozone inlet, it only puts back pressure on the water to seek an altenative route.  It is possible to start a venturri syphon draining action that will drain the spa until the water level drops to the level of the air intake, then it will stop.  Again, no problem here either.

Cancell the service call, it is not covered under warranty.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:05:24 pm »
I appreciate that help.   I did some trouble shooting and the problem is with jet number 3 --this jet controls the one big jet and the footwell.  If you are familiar with the Emerald just to the left of the big jet as you are facing the control panel there is a knob.    Turn it one way--leaks.  turn the other way--doesn't leak.  So i have got it knocked down to that area.   It is getting cold in MN so i can now turn it back on to heat it up a little--However still don't know how to fix it.   I'll keep messing with it.    any more ideas are greatly appreciated.  this is te first problem i have had with it.

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 01:29:44 pm »
I went ahead and Turned on the air to the footwell jets which also run off of pump 3--that worked fine.  Then turned air to the big jet and it leaks again so it has something to do with the air valve just to the left of the big jet.   guess ill have to bite the bullet and have the tech come out after all.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »
Sounds like a jet is clogged ... no bikini's sucked in?

Does it not leak with the air? Does it not leak when you don't want air?

I had an issue where the air wouldn't turn off I wonder if these valves can get turned around and not work the way their supposed to.

My dealer covered that call ... I'm sure yours will as well.

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 07:46:24 pm »
The tub was fixed today.   A while back  I got all new jets because Artesian had problems with the originals.  The big jet that they gave me was the wrong one and wouldnt fit.---That was the problem right there.  Can't run the water thru there with no jet.  I shouldnt be charged but we'll wait and see.   At any rate it is fixed.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 07:46:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42