What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hallelujah!  I have power!  (Read 1590 times)

IlliniFan

Hallelujah!  I have power!
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:21:08 pm »
Should I wait for dealer to come and help me with first fill or do it myself?  I have a Jacuzzi J335.   I'm not sure I can wait to schedule a time for them to come.

Hot Tub Forum

Hallelujah!  I have power!
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:21:08 pm »

mark 2550

Re: Hallelujah!  I have power!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 01:00:56 am »
Fill it yourself and enjoy your first soak, besure to check your levels first but if it's coming from tap water all should be good for a couple of days. remember the temp's  aren't getting any warmer in this part of the states.

IlliniFan

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 12:40:17 pm »
It's filled.  It was 38degrees while filling.  Brr.  water temp was about 55.  up to 68 and climbing.  Everything is functioning fine.  I did notice a greasy dark line at the water line.  I have wiped this off.  Wonder if it came from my hose, or the spa gloss that I put on prior to filling.  Hopefully will be soaking for first time tonight!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 04:25:26 pm »
It's filled.  It was 38degrees while filling.  Brr.  water temp was about 55.  up to 68 and climbing.  Everything is functioning fine.  I did notice a greasy dark line at the water line.  I have wiped this off.  Wonder if it came from my hose, or the spa gloss that I put on prior to filling.  Hopefully will be soaking for first time tonight!

I would think that it's from the spa gloss as well. When you get the water balanced and heated, you might want to give the filters a quick rinse with a garden hose b/c there's probably a descent amount in them as well.

You're probably pretty close to 90 degrees by now. How's your tap water's chemistry? Do you have to wait until your dealer comes out again to give you your balancing chems or do you already have them? What are you using to test the levels with?

IlliniFan

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:23:40 pm »
I have just oozed into the house.  Great inaugural soak!  i still feel a greasy residual at the water line.  There were 4 of us tonight, so hoping that again I can wipe it off tomorrow when water will be below the icky ring.  Thought I had wiped off the spagloss well, but obviously not.  I am using Reserve and  Renew by leisure time and had chemicals at home.  Using the test strips that came with the kit.  Dealer talked me through first chemicals, and gave his cell phone if I had questions after hours.  I don't think I can ask for more than that.  Good thought about rinsing filters.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:23:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42