What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis vs Caldera  (Read 7405 times)

Dazed and confused

Marquis vs Caldera
« on: October 22, 2007, 03:56:29 pm »
Very new to this and the user name says it all....any thoughts on the Calders Olympia vs the Marquis 641 R. Both look like reputable companies and both are from dealers who have been around for a while.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis vs Caldera
« on: October 22, 2007, 03:56:29 pm »

MarKee

Re: Marquis vs Caldera
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:29 pm »
The Marquis 641R is an awesome spa...2nd most popular model behind the Epic.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:25:42 am »
I'm not so sure you are comparing apples to apples here.  I don't know a whole lot about Marquis models specifically, but it looks as if the 641 is a lot more spa than the Olympia.  The Olympia falls into the Highland Series from Caldera.  The Highland Series is a cheaper version of their other spas.  

MarKee could answer this as well, but is the Limited Series a knock down version or a nicer series?  

If these spas are priced similarly and you like the feel of the 641 when wet testing, I'd have to say that looks to be more spa for the money.  

Both brands are great brands.  High quality can be expected from both.  You'll need to wet test and decide which feels the best to you.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 01:26:49 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Dazed and confused

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:24:43 pm »
Thanks for the input. Going to wet test the Marquis tonight. If it passes the "wife" test then the deal should be done. The Marquis is only $110 more and it does seem like a nicer spa. Guess I just needed some validation. Slill have to build a base for the tub. Gonna have a guy put in Unilock bricks. Any down side with that. The dealers all say I souldn't have a problem. But they are dealers and they do want to sell a spa!!

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 06:10:15 pm »
MarKee could answer this as well, but is the Limited Series a knock down version or a nicer series?  

The Limited series is the equal of the Everyday series, both in terms of price points and warranty. The Limited & Everyday tubs are the middle of the line, higher than the Hideaway tubs but lower than the Luxury Living tubs. All the tubs in the Limited & Everyday lines have 3 year warranties on major components, with 5 years on the shell and plumbing. Most models in the lineup average about $3000 less than the top-of-the-line Luxury Series, which have more power as well as 5 year component & 7 year plumbing & shell warranties.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 07:00:25 pm »
We talking 2007 product or 2008?
-SpaMan~

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 07:18:27 pm »
Who has 2008 available? :o
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

spaman--

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 09:03:41 pm »
Who has 2008 available? :o

Marquis does! I have sold 5 already.
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 09:14:35 pm »

Marquis does! I have sold 5 already.

What changed on them from one model year to the next?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 12:29:53 pm »
Why did I know that was coming from you? ::)
-SpaMan~

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 04:02:26 pm »
The Caldera Olympia is the same tub as the Hot Spot Mallorca.  The Marquis has a better warranty.  Nothing against the Mallympia, but the 641R is a lot more spa.

Vanguard

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 05:12:36 pm »
The Caldera Olympia is the same tub as the Hot Spot Mallorca.  The Marquis has a better warranty.  Nothing against the Mallympia, but the 641R is a lot more spa.

I would agree with that.  The "Mallympia" is a very basic spa; big, but basic.  Still great quality, just meant to be cheaper.  I don't really think you can compare the 641R to a Highland Series or Hot Spot.  Seems to me the Limited Series are at a higher level.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 05:17:09 pm »
Why did I know that was coming from you? ::)

You should have known we'd want to know what the changes were and I see you never did answer!!

My son's just like me; he can't keep his hands off things and his favorite word has always been "why". When I answer one of his questions I can always expect him to just come back with another question so I have to try to cut him off at the pass and anticipate it. He's 14 and has ALWAYS been like that; my wife thinks its justice and always gives him the "ask your father"!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:19:34 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 05:37:04 pm »

You should have known we'd want to know what the changes were and I see you never did answer!!

My son's just like me; he can't keep his hands off things and his favorite word has always been "why". When I answer one of his questions I can always expect him to just come back with another question so I have to try to cut him off at the pass and anticipate it. He's 14 and has ALWAYS been like that; my wife thinks its justice and always gives him the "ask your father"!

Ok are you ready???

The Marquis spa is now divided into 3 series.

*Almost all of the old seating configurations are available in all 3 series.*

The Discovery series offer their entry level configuration, with an ability to add various upgrade options, to customize models to please customers.

The Signature series are loaded with all of the most requested upgrade options added in as standard features at a "packaged price". these will be the most salable configurations of the Marquis line and also offer the best show room appeal to attract consumer excitement.

The Marquis ultimate series include all five of the 2 pump, dual filter models and have ALL the upgrade features as standard. look for waterline lighting Soundsations,adagio audio, waterfalls and get ready......................Are you ready??

CUSHIONED HEADRESTS ;D ;D ;D

Yes they have finally decided that maybe just maybe consumers do like headrests after all.

Of course all the same options such as constant clean and stainless steel is still there.

Also look for a HUGE upgrade on their warranty packages as well..

Sighhhhhhhhhh! There ya go!

Dont even ask me what D1 is up to in their 2008 line up as its simply incredible! ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:40:37 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

MarKee

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 06:21:25 pm »
The 2008 Marquis all have names (no more numbers), the 641R is renamed the Reward, pretty much the same spa though... you'll probably get a better deal on the 641R......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 06:21:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42