What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A word about my best buddy Stuart  (Read 4330 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
A word about my best buddy Stuart
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:30:19 pm »
o.k here goes (clears throat). 2 weeks ago Stuart had a Dr. examining him for an insurance policy, and advised him to see his Dr. regarding a lump on his side. The appointment was made for last Tuesday. An MRI was ordered and showed a mass the size of a grape fruit sitting on his kidney like a mushroom. Moving very fast to yesterday when the Dr removed the tumor, the entire kidney and 12 lymph nodes. He said he thinks he has gotten everything including part of a rib that was in his way.

The past 2 weeks has been incredibly scary as I dont let many people get close enough to me, for me to consider them as friends but when I do I want to keep them. The fear and not knowing the outcome has been harder on me than it has on him I believe. I have read many internet pages of outcomes on these types of situations both good and bad. I was able to breathe a huge sigh of relief yesterday and believe that he will up and at it real soon. He doesnt know it but he scared the hell out of me!i was waiting for him to say something here, I couldnt hold it in anymore I had to tell you all what a good friend was going thru.

Today he was up and walking, I received 2 of the same emails from him (thanks to good drugs I am certain. ;)

Pray for him and his family as this isn't a picnic for anyone. :)
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

A word about my best buddy Stuart
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:30:19 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: A word about my best buddy Stuart
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:35:48 pm »
Life comes at ya quick!!  Prayers and mojo sent!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 06:50:47 pm »
Sorry to hear the news but I'm glad he's back on his feet. Not much can keep that man down for very long! Best wishes my friend and here's to a speedy recovery.

Steve
PS Thanks for letting us know spaman and I hope everything is going well for you.

Cyn

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:53:39 pm »
I am so sorry...use this in a positive way.  You have already done that by sharing something so close to you so that we can all stop and realize how very close we all are, including our friends and loved ones, to the other side.  Whatever that might be...

Live in the moment.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 06:58:59 pm »
We only get to know people to a certain degree on these spa forums but when interacting with Stuart it doesn't take long to realize that he's a good guy and a straight shooter (and a hairy one at that). Our thoughts are certainly with him and hopefully this was caught in time and all will be well.

As always there is a lesson in this for some of us. Its time for this 43 yr old to have a physical since it's probably been 10 years!!!  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:59:33 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 07:39:48 pm »
OMG!  I'm so sorry to hear this.  Hope they got everything and he will be good as new in no time.  Send him all our cyber love.   :-*

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:09:01 pm »
We only get to know people to a certain degree on these spa forums but when interacting with Stuart it doesn't take long to realize that he's a good guy and a straight shooter (and a hairy one at that). Our thoughts are certainly with him and hopefully this was caught in time and all will be well.

As always there is a lesson in this for some of us. Its time for this 43 yr old to have a physical since it's probably been 10 years!!!  

Holy Cr@p your 43? ;D
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 08:10:10 pm »

Holy Cr@p your 43? ;D

That's what I keep saying !!!!!!!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 08:31:16 pm »
Thank you Spaman, Please let Stuart know that the members of his forum family are sending our prayers and love to him and his family. I have two friends who are doing fine after kidney cancer and they count their blessing every day. One friend had a kidney stone and the pain forced her to the hospital...the xrays revealed the mass on the other kidney..she would never have known if not for the totally unrelated kidney stone. So things happen for a reason, and thank God, Stuart needed insurance!  Please keep us updated.

Boni
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 09:53:15 pm »
Nothing like coming face to face with your own mortality to make one feel alone. And nothing like the feeling of immortality when you know you're not going through it alone..
Here's to friends...
Bullfrog 562

Doobiewah

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 11:20:57 pm »
My thoughts go with him....having had a heart attack at the tender age of 40, I have come to realize that every day is precious.  My prayers are for him to make it thorough this ordeal and live many more years.

The Doob

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 01:10:57 am »
Spaman,
Please give my Best to Robert, I left him a voice mail yesterday. I am glad you posted about him I thought doing so but I knew you would post when the time was right. Please let him and his family know he is in our prayers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:34:08 am by Mendocino101 »

loosenupspas

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 10:01:01 am »
A friend of mine passed on at a very young age, not too long ago.  The bookl of Romans was the basis for the memorial service.  The were three profound points taken from Romans:

Love never ends
God is in the midst of everything
Nothing can separate you from the love God if you are in Jesus Christ

Spaman.......my prayers are with you and Robert.  Singularly, each of the above points are powerful.....but the sum of the three are vast and profound.

Peace.....Tom

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 10:28:54 am »
I am sorry to hear of Robert's ailment and I am truly happy to hear that the prognosis is good for a complete recovery.  Here's hopes for a speedy healing and prosperous future.

Chris O
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 11:26:08 am »
Stuart, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. It sounds like everything will turn out for you in the end. Take care.......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 11:26:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42