What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Spa on order!  (Read 3886 times)

magoomba

New Spa on order!
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:14:58 pm »
Thanks again to all who provided answers and comments to my previous post.

I ordered the HS Grandee on Wednesday evening.  The dealer was able to reach someone at HS HQ and was told most of the employees were coming back to work, so they should be just a few days longer than normal.  I'm going to need about 2 weeks to get the electrical and other setup work done, so no worries if delayed a bit.

Looking forward to the first soak in my new tub!

Hot Tub Forum

New Spa on order!
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:14:58 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New Spa on order!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:18:53 pm »
Thanks again to all who provided answers and comments to my previous post.

I ordered the HS Grandee on Wednesday evening.  The dealer was able to reach someone at HS HQ and was told most of the employees were coming back to work, so they should be just a few days longer than normal.  I'm going to need about 2 weeks to get the electrical and other setup work done, so no worries if delayed a bit.

Looking forward to the first soak in my new tub!

As Tom Petty would say, "the waiting is the hardest part".

Congrats!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Doobiewah

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:05:35 pm »
Magoomba,

Fantastic!!!!  I think you made a great decision....and it sounds like you'll have it in time for that 'Thanksgiving' soak!

I'm hoping to make my decision soon.  As of now we're leaning towards the HS Vanguard and our local dealer has offerred us a great deal on his dry floor model.  We're discussing it this weekend, so we may be joining you soon in spatopia.

Enjoy.

The Doob

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 09:14:35 pm »
Congrats Magoomba!  THe Grandee is an awesome hot tub.  I know you'll get years and years of enjoyment.  Welcome to Spatopia.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

96SC

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 05:19:36 pm »
Magoomba,

Fantastic!!!!  I think you made a great decision....and it sounds like you'll have it in time for that 'Thanksgiving' soak!

I'm hoping to make my decision soon.  As of now we're leaning towards the HS Vanguard and our local dealer has offerred us a great deal on his dry floor model.  We're discussing it this weekend, so we may be joining you soon in spatopia.

Enjoy.

The Doob

Doobie:
We had our new Vanguard delivered about a month ago and really enjoy it.  Good luck with your decision making.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Doobiewah

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 11:03:53 pm »

Doobie:
We had our new Vanguard delivered about a month ago and really enjoy it.  Good luck with your decision making.

96SC,

I'm sold on that Vanguard, too.  The money looks good and I have the spot all picked out.  Just waiting for the wife to come home from work (She's a nurse working 12.5hr shifts...and they can turn into 14-15 at times...she loves the 4 days off a week, tho!)
so we can discuss it.  She fell in love with the HS moto-massage and the soothing seven jets, plus liked the jets in the footwell much better than the dome-type foot jets.  I liked the cool off bench (which many of the spas we tested didn't have), and the overall layout plus the intensity of the jets, which felt much better to me than some of the others we tested.  I've appreciated all of the feedback from the others in this forum and have certainly gained a lot of knowledge in my pursuit of 'spatopia'.

I like reading of others, like Magoomba and Solo, who have recently made their choices and are now "all in".  I also appreciate input from others, like you, who have made their choices and are satisfied.  I'm certainly getting excited and the more I read the more anxious I get to take the plunge.

My votes for the Vanguard, we'll see what the wife thinks (fingers crossed!!).

The Doob

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 12:57:50 am »
She fell in love with the HS moto-massage and the soothing seven jets, plus liked the jets in the footwell much better than the dome-type foot jets.  I liked the cool off bench (which many of the spas we tested didn't have), and the overall layout plus the intensity of the jets, which felt much better to me than some of the others we tested.

Since HS spas don't have a "dome", foot jets often appear to be an afterthought. You can't tell just by looking, so I've often wondered if they're strong enough. The Vanguard and the Grandee are two of my favorite layouts - if they have good foot jets I'll definitely have to put them on my list for next time (several years from now). I hope you love your new spa!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hotsprung

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 01:16:03 am »
I've been soaking in my new Vanguard multiple times a day for the 4 weeks we've had the spa.  The cool down seat is great for our young son.  The foot jets are powerful but you have to move to different seats to fully massage both feet and ankles.  No regrets on our Vanguard.

Hey Doobiwah my last name is DuBois, is yours also?

Doobiewah

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 11:14:16 am »
I've been soaking in my new Vanguard multiple times a day for the 4 weeks we've had the spa.  The cool down seat is great for our young son.  The foot jets are powerful but you have to move to different seats to fully massage both feet and ankles.  No regrets on our Vanguard.

Hey Doobiwah my last name is DuBois, is yours also?

Hotsprung....nope.  The tag is an old nickname from Stanford University that has stuck with me for years.  

Glad to hear you like that Vanguard.  I spoke with the wife this weekend and she is a go.  I'm calling the dealer today and hoping the offer is still on the table.  I'll post what happens when it happens!

The Doob

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:07:16 am »
My wife has bad feet and loves the foot jet in the bottom of the HS tubs.
Anyone care to share their HS prices?  I'm thinking about the Vanguard or Grandee.
Mike

Hotsprung

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 07:28:59 pm »
Our Vanguard was about 8,000 total including CA sales tax.  It was a floor model.  A new one was only 500 more.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 07:28:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42