What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I am the proud owner of A BRAND NEW  (Read 11111 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: I am the proud owner of A BRAND NEW
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 04:58:08 pm »
Congrats and good going on the price!  Like Tom Petty says?  The waiting is the hardest part.

I still think he caved and could have easily gotten a better deal but for a lot of people having the spa is what counts! :)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 04:58:08 pm »

solo

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 07:13:56 pm »

I still think he caved and could have easily gotten a better deal but for a lot of people having the spa is what counts! :)

I think if I waited her out til the end of the year I could have gotten a better deal.  But she did come $1000 of her first price (not MSRP, but her first offer to me).  So I am somewhat pleased.  

1.  I am in pain daily and need the tub, so waiting was getting harder and harder.
2.  I fill my jetted tub once or twice daily to soak.  This was costing me money on the water bill.  
3.  I was tired of thinking about it.  I was just ready to by.

So could I have done better?  Probably.   But I am not displeased nor do I have any remorse.  I am looking forward to my hydrotherapy as well as having some good soaks with my best friend.  Not to mention, after all the dickering with the Hotsprings people, this seemed like a steal and was within $200 of my original budget.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 07:51:33 pm »
Kind of anti-climatic now... :-/

Enjoy the new tub.

Buckeye Gal

• Proud Cameo Owner
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 12:00:49 pm »
Congrats and enjoy - I'm new around here but it seems like you've done a great job shopping around for what was best for YOU!! Jacuzzi's are GREAT!! I own a Sundance at home  :)

solo

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 03:00:53 pm »
Congrats and enjoy - I'm new around here but it seems like you've done a great job shopping around for what was best for YOU!! Jacuzzi's are GREAT!! I own a Sundance at home  :)

I seriously thought about buying a Sundance Hamilton (700 series).  But it ended up being too strong.  The jets kind of hurt and it just didn't have any one seat that I absolutely loved.  But after looking at them and sitting in them, they do seem like a quality product.  

I think the Jacuzzi really is the tub for me.  It not only provided the right hydrotherapy, but it also fits my style.  I never buy the most expensive anything.  But I always try to buy good quality stuff.  I am a function over form kind of person too.  The Jacuzzi is very easy to use, efficient in design, effective at hydrotherapy, and reasonably priced.  I hope I still love it this much a year from now!

Doobiewah

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 06:46:47 pm »

I seriously thought about buying a Sundance Hamilton (700 series).  But it ended up being too strong.  The jets kind of hurt and it just didn't have any one seat that I absolutely loved.  But after looking at them and sitting in them, they do seem like a quality product.  

I think the Jacuzzi really is the tub for me.  It not only provided the right hydrotherapy, but it also fits my style.  I never buy the most expensive anything.  But I always try to buy good quality stuff.  I am a function over form kind of person too.  The Jacuzzi is very easy to use, efficient in design, effective at hydrotherapy, and reasonably priced.  I hope I still love it this much a year from now!

Solo,

Congrats on your new spa.  I'm a newbie and have been trolling here for some time in an effort to educate myself as my wife and I looked at spas.  You've said it several times and I totally agree...we've found that wet testing is very important.  My wife fell in love with a Sundance 700 series for the price/features and the comfort of it while sitting in it dry.  I insisted from what I had read on these forums that she wet test it (and any spa we chose to consider).  We finally found a dealer with one that was wet and got in and found, like you, that the jets kind of hurt.  Others may not experience this; however, it sure stopped us cold on the Sundance as the price was sweet and my wife wanted to pull the trigger.  She was glad I insisted that we wet test.  Since then, she's asked several friends with spas about wet testing and NONE of them said they wet tested before buying!  I wasn't too shocked as many of the 'sales' people tried to say you don't need to wet test.  Sure glad we followed the advice of many on this forum who throw it out like a mantra.  We're still looking; however, we've narrowed the choices down to dealers who are happy to have us come and test the spas wet.  Our local Hot Spring dealer has actually insisted that we wet test before she'll sell us any spa.  We've been there a couple of times and their Vanguard is still on our short list.

Again, congrats on the new Jacuzzi and thanx for starting some dialogues that have been quite helpful in our purchasing journey.  I'm sure you will still be happy with your purchase for many years to come.

The Doob
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 06:47:47 pm by Doobiewah »

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 08:01:12 pm »
Ditto what Doobie said.  My wife and I have narrowed down to 4 manufacturers after dry testing and comparing features & quality.  The wet tests begin this week.  That's the only way I'd be able to make a decision.  The more I read and dry test, the more confused I get about which of the 4 I like the best.  From what you all tell me, the wet test will be the key!
Mike

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 09:00:10 am »
Doobie,

The wet test will decide it for you. When my wife and I were looking this past winter, we were torn between the Sundance Optima(I was in love with it) and the Caldera Aspire(Wife and I both liked that one). At first the Aspire was the only one we were able to wet test,  then one day the Sundance dealer called and said they set up the Optima(someone else was also interested). Then in one day we went and wet tested the Optima(I did not like it as much as I thought I would) and then went to test the Aspire and then went back to the Sundace dealer to try the Optima again.

Needless to say we bought the Aspire in April and love it. The Optima felt good dry but with water in it, in seemed too deep and the jets just did feel good.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 09:00:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42