What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Auto Fresh  (Read 3315 times)

Spiderman

Hot Spring Auto Fresh
« on: September 27, 2007, 11:52:36 am »
Anyone using this or know anyone who does?  Just wondering what owners thought about it.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Auto Fresh
« on: September 27, 2007, 11:52:36 am »

Seahawk

Re: Hot Spring Auto Fresh
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:22:32 pm »
We've had it on the floor for about 5 months now.  I really like the idea Hotspring was going for with the automated system, but it takes a few good reads to understand all the steps involved with setting it up.  Once you get a hand on it, it is a breeze to keep chemistry properly balanced.  Here in the DC metro area we do not have to do a lot with calcium and ph because most water supply is city water.  So the only thing you have to do is test the water every 2 weeks and feed the results into controls, the only manual step.  One thing that I have found is for a few days after chems have been added the water gives of a very gaseous fume.  It can be a little choking at first, so I usually turn the jets on for a minute or so to let the gases release themselves.  One other thing, being that it uses Baqua, you have to live with the hue of the water.  Baqua water is very different than other methods of  sanitization.  Water has a slight clear tinted hue.  When you turn jets on water really clouds up, which baqua always does and takes several mins. to clear back up when jets are turned off.  All in all I like the concept,  My feeling is, AutoFresh would be a great option for someone who has a Hotspring at a second or vacation home.  Being that you can go two weeks without doing anything to water is a great relief for any homeowner.  I feel most homeowners who have their spa at main residence really want to have the newest latest thing, kinda like the guy who purchased the first HDTV.  Doesn't make since to me.  Most homeowners will still use either the freshwater system or chlorine.  

Dipstick

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 01:49:55 pm »
thing that I have found is for a few days after chems have been added the water gives of a very gaseous fume.  It can be a little choking at first,  

Increase the hardness to 400-500PPM and that will go away.

Have fun replacing all them pumps seals ;D

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 02:36:34 pm »

Have fun replacing all them pumps seals ;D

Hasn't been an issue for years with spa brands that approve of Baqua use.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Dipstick

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 03:33:51 pm »

Hasn't been an issue for years with spa brands that approve of Baqua use.

Aqua Flow, Vico, Waterway... all do not recommend the use of biguanides. Seals will wear out regardless of what you use but the hydrogen-peroxide will wear them much faster.

There is no perfect system yet.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:35:37 pm by Dipstick »

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:43:32 pm »
MY OPINION ONLY:

I like the idea of AutoFresh.  I think customers would like a way to have chems automatically added.

Now the negatives:

I think it is too expensive up front.  Approx. $1,000
I think ongoing chemical cost is too expensive.  $99 for a new pack.  3-4 times a year.
I don't like Baqua Spa (Again, my opinion).  I much prefer ozone and dichlor.

Other than that, it's great.  I just wouldn't put one on my spa at the current set up and cost.

MY OPINION
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 07:55:41 am »
MY OPINION ONLY:

I like the idea of AutoFresh.  I think customers would like a way to have chems automatically added.

Now the negatives:

I think it is too expensive up front.  Approx. $1,000
I think ongoing chemical cost is too expensive.  $99 for a new pack.  3-4 times a year.
I don't like Baqua Spa (Again, my opinion).  I much prefer ozone and dichlor.

Other than that, it's great.  I just wouldn't put one on my spa at the current set up and cost.

MY OPINION

Agree 100%.  And I'll add that it think the system will have to evolve in order for it to be more marketable.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 07:55:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42