What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No hard feelings to any dealers  (Read 5722 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: No hard feelings to any dealers
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:19:43 pm »
cxturboots, I like the cut o' yer jib and that is a fine suggestion.

As a matter of fact, for years and years people have approached me wanting to know the secret of my success.  I remember back in the day when Teddy Roosevelt asked me "Terminatah, hah on earth do you sell so many spahs?  I simply must know!"

I told him like I'm tellin' you, "Herschel, (he didn't like to be called Teddy...most folks don't know that) you have to have a strategy when you're selling humpbuckets (that's what we called spas in them days).  When a feller walks into my store and he's got the whodat in his eye, as long as he's not carrying a hen in his murse, you simply say 'Hail good feller, pleasant warmth awaits!'"

Herschel nodded as he understood where this was going, but he don't say nothin'.

"Then, when that feller point at the humpbucket and say 'How much?', I hold out the glad hand and say '$500'.  Then he give me the $500 and I tell him 'The humpbucket cost $7895.  He then say 'Wait a minute, you say $500, now you say $7895!'  I say 'No, $500 is the askin' for price...$7895 is the price of the humpbucket.'  Then they get tinkled off and leave and I got $500 and the same humpbuckets I've had near 20 years and we is in the black.  Makes things a lot easier."

Mr. Roosevelt thought it made perfect sense in a way unknownst to most, but he never told a soul until the day Dick Nixon killed him at the Tri-State Rodeo.

That's how you run a profitable company without much effort being put forth.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:19:43 pm »

cxturboboost

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 07:55:14 pm »
That is a great business plan.   Now I'm starting to understand why all those women want their picture taken with you. ;)  You speak softly, and carry a big weapon-- ( Along with $500.00 in your back pocket to buy the ladies alcohol).  You have it all figured out.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 11:53:28 pm »
Great flamin' monkey nads...!

Ooh, now you've got a problem. I told you to get them spayed or neutered - you don't do that, you get frisky monkeys. Now you're going to have go buy some Monkey Ointment. And the really bad part is that YOU are gonna have to put it on them. Don't say I didn't warn you...
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 12:06:52 am »

A lot of times these people never buy a spa at all,  or they wasted the entire day at a fair looking at spa's.   Some shoppers do it right, either the husband or the wife shop the booths at the fair narrow it down to what the want come back to the fair the last day to make the deal...

Or sometimes a husband asks his wife if she wants to go to the fair, and she accepts because she thinks they're just going to the fair to do, well, fair stuff. But every time they walk by a hot tub booth the husband has to go in and look at every single spa from every single brand, pushing buttons and testing water pressure and looking in cabinets and pestering sales people. Meanwhile, the wife wanders around aimlessly and semi-patiently, wondering why the heck she agreed to be dragged into this.

Well, it works for some people.  ;D
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 12:06:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42