What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Lotus Bay vs. Sundance Cameo  (Read 2700 times)

Plantguy

D1 Lotus Bay vs. Sundance Cameo
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:30:32 pm »
I've negotiated a good deal, I believe, on a 2004 D1 Lotus Bay refurbished spa. It had a blister in the seat but looks like a good repair job. The deal is $5400 with a 90 day warranty on parts and labor, with lifter, wood steps, cover, and delivery. I was also looking at new ones for $10,500 and comparing them to a new Sundance Cameo with stereo for $10,500. I really like the seats and sequencer on the Lotus Bay as they fit me a bit better than the Cameo, but the Cameo is a pretty great spa. I'm a bit nervous about buying a used spa but this refurbished one seems to be in pretty good shape, but then I'm a novice. I'm ready to go for the deal. Any thoughts from Lotus Bay or Cameo owners or anyone who might want to comment? Any thoughts from those that have purchased used spas or refurbished ones? I appreciate your comments as its a big investment.

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Lotus Bay vs. Sundance Cameo
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:30:32 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: D1 Lotus Bay vs. Sundance Cameo
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:37:41 am »
I've negotiated a good deal, I believe, on a 2004 D1 Lotus Bay refurbished spa. It had a blister in the seat but looks like a good repair job. The deal is $5400 with a 90 day warranty on parts and labor, with lifter, wood steps, cover, and delivery. I was also looking at new ones for $10,500 and comparing them to a new Sundance Cameo with stereo for $10,500. I really like the seats and sequencer on the Lotus Bay as they fit me a bit better than the Cameo, but the Cameo is a pretty great spa. I'm a bit nervous about buying a used spa but this refurbished one seems to be in pretty good shape, but then I'm a novice. I'm ready to go for the deal. Any thoughts from Lotus Bay or Cameo owners or anyone who might want to comment? Any thoughts from those that have purchased used spas or refurbished ones? I appreciate your comments as its a big investment.

IMO, the 90 day warranty just insures that you have a good working spa, which is valuable.  You're at that half price cusp that is difficult to decide on value.  If the 04 D1 is as much a spa as a new one, I think its worth buying.  $5000 can get you a lot of service and D1 spas are top quality.

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 10:43:00 am »
I just bought a 2005 Sundance Altamar with 1 year of use on it (spa is in just about mint condition) for $2,700 in NJ.

There are good deals out there, you just have to keep looking, took me about 6 months to find this deal..

eightisenough

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:04:53 pm »
I recently got my Cameo.  For me, it is what I wanted.  Jets are fine, but I end up turning them off and soaking.  Water is crystal clear with a minimum amount of effort.  

I didnt think about a stereo, seems a bad combination to me, water and speakers, and that one is asking for headaches.  I sit my IPOD on the covert for my filter and I'm happy.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:04:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42