What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bought a Spa!  (Read 7429 times)

Lars

Re: Bought a Spa!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 11:40:12 am »
Actually, the Arena is pretty nice.  Nicer than I thought it would be after looking at all the ones with all the bells and whistles.  One good spot to get the neck and shoulders, the rest of the jets are at all positioned at different heights to get different spots up and down the back.  And one good foot jet in the center.  It's just your plain good "basic" tub.  I don't think you'd regret buying a new one.

And yes, the door is right off the bedroom.  Saves putting on a swimsuit!

Spent the weekend building the surround.  Didn't get as far as I thought I would.  Laying out and hand fitting the top boards is a real time eater.  Next time I buy a "square" tub!  Should have built the steps first, but at least I have a spot for my cocktail and radio now.

Btw, costs are looking like this,

Deck- $4,300 (had a crew do it so it would be done in two days, snow is coming.  If you did it all yourself, figure 1/3 the price and two weeks of work)
Tub - $1,200 (on Craig's List)
Door - $1,800 (installed, door itself was actually "free".  It's a $3,000 Pella French door that we pulled off the second story of my cousin's shop.  Yeah, he does windows...)
Moved AC - $250 (neighbor is a AC guy)
Wire 240v - $750 (had electricians do it, I don't play shake hands with Jesus)
Surround & Steps - $300
2 gal. Perafin Redwood Stain - $80
24 hr circ pump - $200 (installing this week)
Chemicals and new filter - $200

Total - $9,080.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 11:40:12 am »

Lars

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 02:56:39 pm »
Progress so far.

Existing octagon deck

Mmm, more cedar.  Measure once, cut twice?

Fence side.  There will be another section added at about 8" high to cover electrical hookup and hose bib.

House side.  Loose boards are only there to keep the leaves out.  Will be building pull-out steps and using the hidden space for chem storage.

It seems to be working…

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 06:21:05 pm »
Very, Very Nice!!!!! Love the whole set-up....keep those pic's coming!!!!!   :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 06:21:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42