What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs question  (Read 4503 times)

solo

Hot Springs question
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:21:15 pm »
The tub I wetr tested is actually a higher grade than the tub I want to purchase because my dealer doens't have a wet sovereign.  The Tub I wet tested has 2 pumps plus a circ and a Moto massage DX.  The tub I am considering buying has 1 pump plus circ and a single moto massage.

The dealer tells me that the PSI per jet is standard on all hot springs models.  So the 2 pump model has more jets and more volume to push.  So the massage I got from the 2 pump model shouild feel pretty much the same as the massage I get from the one pump model.

He does tell me that the single moto feels different from the moto DX, but that he sells a different face plate to make the single feel more like the duo.  

Comments?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs question
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:21:15 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Hot Springs question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 06:38:27 pm »
To me it's like saying test driving an 8 cyl fully loaded GT Mustang is basically the same as test driving the 6 cyl Base model. Personally, I wouldn't buy from them unless they filled the spa YOU want. Almost all the dealers around here(6 out of 8 to be exact) were willing to do this for me. Ask them if they walk into a clothing store lookin for jeans and only try on a pair 2 sizes too big but purchase the size they actually want/wear.

solo

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:42:55 pm »
To me it's like saying test driving an 8 cyl fully loaded GT Mustang is basically the same as test driving the 6 cyl Base model. Personally, I wouldn't buy from them unless they filled the spa YOU want. Almost all the dealers around here(6 out of 8 to be exact) were willing to do this for me. Ask them if they walk into a clothing store lookin for jeans and only try on a pair 2 sizes too big but purchase the size they actually want/wear.

Thanks for this piece of advice.  I will ask both the Sundance and Hotsprings dealer to fill the one I want.  

96SC

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:53:38 pm »

Thanks for this piece of advice.  I will ask both the Sundance and Hotsprings dealer to fill the one I want.  

Only expect them to fill the tub you are interested in if they have one in the building.  There is now way they are going to ship in a tub with the hopes of selling it.   :)
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 07:02:43 pm »
The tub I wetr tested is actually a higher grade than the tub I want to purchase because my dealer doens't have a wet sovereign.  The Tub I wet tested has 2 pumps plus a circ and a Moto massage DX.  The tub I am considering buying has 1 pump plus circ and a single moto massage.

The dealer tells me that the PSI per jet is standard on all hot springs models.  So the 2 pump model has more jets and more volume to push.  So the massage I got from the 2 pump model shouild feel pretty much the same as the massage I get from the one pump model.

He does tell me that the single moto feels different from the moto DX, but that he sells a different face plate to make the single feel more like the duo.  

Comments?

I've heard that to be basically true, especially about Hot Spring. It does make sense - all things being equal, a tub with 40 jets and two pumps should feel the same as a tub with 20 jets and one pump. Does the dealer have any other wet models? If you tried several Hot Spring tubs - even if they're not the model you're interested in - and they all have the same basic feel from the jets, then he's probably right.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 07:07:55 pm »
A quality dealer would be pleased to provide whatever spa you wanted to try, even going so far as to bring a spa in from the warehouse, unwrapping it, connecting the power, filling it with balanced, slightly perfumed water, heating it to the proper temperature, providing you with a heated towel and robe, a frosty beer or chilled glass of wine, and then leave you in peace so that you may fully enjoy the entire experience.  Once finished, he should towel you off and then gently massage you with with aftersoak lotion to prevent dry skin and powder you with zinc oxide to prevent chafing.

After all of that, I would think it would possibly not be much of an imposition to ask for the sale, would it not?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 07:14:43 pm »
 Once finished, he should towel you off and then gently massage you with with aftersoak lotion to prevent dry skin and powder you with zinc oxide to prevent chafing.

Terminator

Oooh, that's really important! You MUST prevent chafing. Chafing is bad.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:26:33 pm »
A quality dealer would be pleased to provide whatever spa you wanted to try, even going so far as to bring a spa in from the warehouse, unwrapping it, connecting the power, filling it with balanced, slightly perfumed water, heating it to the proper temperature, providing you with a heated towel and robe, a frosty beer or chilled glass of wine, and then leave you in peace so that you may fully enjoy the entire experience.  Once finished, he should towel you off and then gently massage you with with aftersoak lotion to prevent dry skin and powder you with zinc oxide to prevent chafing.

After all of that, I would think it would possibly not be much of an imposition to ask for the sale, would it not?

Terminator

I think this should be put into the getting off thread! ;D

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 08:07:31 pm »

Terminator

Term,

Just one question

Is it you or one of your lovely water therapy technicians performing this service? ;D

Bullfrog 451

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 08:53:51 pm »

Terminator

Dang...I bought from the wrong dealer.  Being toweled off by the Term and then being massaged with lotion would have been worth the 18 hour drive to Texas!!!   :D

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 11:05:28 pm »

Comments?

Solo, what HS tub did you actually wet test?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

solo

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 05:21:40 am »
I tested a vista...500 gallons...47 jets....2 pumps.

The Soverign is 355 gallons, 23 jets...1 pump.  

The only model he has wet in the store is the vista.  

104 degrees

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 06:34:34 am »

Terminator[/quote]

Term

What about the dealer saying he(or she) can turn a single motto into a double motto?? Or water into wine(chiled) Can you do this????

John

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 07:03:57 am »

Terminator

Term when I can come wet test... ;D

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 08:36:10 am »
I tested a vista...500 gallons...47 jets....2 pumps.

The Soverign is 355 gallons, 23 jets...1 pump.  

The only model he has wet in the store is the vista.  

The Sovereign is NOT going to feel the same as the Vista.  The Vista is one of HotSprings newer models with the larger pumps.  The Sovereign is a classic design with the smaller pumps.  I'm not sure if they still do, but they used to call these models the EE models (enenrgy efficient) when the Envoy and Vista were introduced with the 2.5 hp pumps.  Since then other models have upgraded to the larger pumps but the Sovereign still uses the 1.65 hp pump.  According to HotSpring, the Sovereign is their most popular spa so there are many happy owners.  Be sure this is the spa you really want before you buy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 08:36:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42