What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need pricing opinions on a 2007 Sundance Maxxus...  (Read 7180 times)

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Need pricing opinions on a 2007 Sundance Maxxus...
« on: August 30, 2007, 06:07:00 pm »
I was at the local spa dealer the other day, they carry Sundance, CalSpas and some other brand I never heard of.  Anyhow, I was interested in the Sundance spas and the two I like best are the Maxxus and the Optima.

Well their pricing is as follows.. I want to know what you guys think of these prices..

2007 Maxxus (brand new)
Sale Price = $11,200
- $500 store coupon on all spas right now
$10,700 final price (I could probably get them to throw in a free cover lifter ($350 value, or free shipping and setup a $250 value)

2007 Maxxus (Floor Model, never been used, never been filled.  On the floor for about a year.  Platinum shell with Coastal wood outside)
Price = $10,000
$9,500 final price (I could probably get them to throw in a free cover lifter ($350 value, or free shipping and setup a $250 value)

2007 Optima (brand new)
Sale Price = $9,999
$9,500 final price (I could probably get them to throw in a free cover lifter ($350 value, or free shipping and setup a $250 value)

So what do you guys think of these prices?  are they low, high, normal, etc.?

any other (better) 6-7 person spas in this price range that you would recommend instead?

I really like the bigger size of the Maxxus and plus it is deeper at 42".  Some other local dealers are Dimension One and Hotsprings.

Hot Tub Forum

Need pricing opinions on a 2007 Sundance Maxxus...
« on: August 30, 2007, 06:07:00 pm »

diane

Re: Need pricing opinions on a 2007 Sundance Maxxu
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 06:10:02 pm »
What does the Maxxus include, stereo, ipod dock, cabinet lights?  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 06:37:39 pm »
'07 Maxuus floor model seems like the best deal to me. The other prices seem normal, to put it in your own words. Both are great spas and as long as you've compared similar models from other manufactures at the same price range and found that one of these fits YOU best, go for it. You won't be dissapointed. Just don't feel rushed into your descion. It's alot of money but you knew that already.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 06:46:59 pm »
'07 Maxuus floor model seems like the best deal to me. The other prices seem normal, to put it in your own words. Both are great spas and as long as you've compared similar models from other manufactures at the same price range and found that one of these fits YOU best, go for it. You won't be dissapointed. Just don't feel rushed into your descion. It's alot of money but you knew that already.

I agree, some dealers only discount floor models a few hundred bucks but this one seems to want to move that spa for whatever reason. HOWEVER, you have to ask yourself if that is truly the spa you want. This decision will last you the next 10+ years so don't let $ alone make your decision. That is a huge spa. Are you aren't going to be using it the next decade with only one or two people in it wondering why you got such a big spa? If you think you want a Maxxus anyway and you are just happening to get a good deal then yes, that floor model is a good deal.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:57 am »
does anybody have a breakdown of price listing for all these high end sundance spas?

btw.. does anybody know how the platinum shell compares to the other textured shells?  the white platinum shell is the only shell that has that glossy smooth look, all the other shell options are a textured looking design.  Not sure if the platinum is better or worse?

Thanks

txwillie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 08:56:34 am »
Pricing seems very good compared to what some have posted on pricing for those spas. When I say very good, I mean, this is what you should be paying and is right in line with what I paid for my 2007 Maxxus purchased last Dec. and delivered in Jan. Mine included stereo, cover lifter (I can't imagine them even selling a Maxxus w/o a lifter 'cause the cover is huge), start-up chems, delivery, set-up. $9500 for a Maxxus is an awesome deal, bet it does not have stereo for that price, but still much less than I have ever seen a Maxxus priced.

txwillie

txwillie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:01:03 am »
I have the platinim shell and love it. The platinum shell really shows off the LED's. I don't care much for the textured shells but I would guess they might hide scratches better. I have had mine for a 9 months with no scratches that I know of. My former Marquis had a shell similar in appearance to the sundance platinum shell. I had it for two year with no issues.

txwillie

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:45:58 am »
You have been quoted excellent prices for the Maxxus.

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:56:18 am »
oh cool another Maxxus owner... how do you like the spa compared to the competition?  I have looked at the Hot Springs, D1 and a few others, I must say that the Sundance really is one of the nicest spas around.  And the Maxxus seems like an awesome tub, bigger and deeper than all the rest in that price range.

How is the warranty on the Sundance spas?  compared to competition?  and how do you think the structure, build quality, performance, pump quality, etc. is compared to the competition?

Thanks

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 12:02:06 pm »
actually the price is $10k for the Maxxus... you don't get the $500 coupon with a floor model... this includes cover, starter chemicals, filter.

delivery is $150
Lifter is $300

What do you think I can negotiate on price to make this a very good deal?

txwillie

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 01:52:38 pm »
Obviously, I bought the Maxxus, so for me it was the best. I like the size (I'm 6'7") and when you have 4 people in it, you are not all playing footsies. Quality, etc is at least on par with the other major brands. I tested Hot Springs and D1. I had a Marquis when I lived in Dallas and would have looked at them, but no Marquis dealer in Austin. I really liked the jets on the D1's, but did not like the way they looked (the fake tile is just stoopid) plus the dealer was awful. The dealer is one of those places that sells pool tables and all sorts of stuff besides spas. Well, this was December, and they were much more interested in selling fake Christmas trees than spas, so after my wet test and ZERO assistance from the staff, I left. The HS dealer seemed like a great guy, I just could not get too excited about the HS spas. They seemed overpriced for what they were, plus (IMO) the jets/therapy were mediocre at best. IMO, one really great feature of the Sundance line is the filters that you don't have to clean (they are supposed to be replaced about every 9 months). After you foam your spa with left over filter cleaner that you can never, never rinse completely out, you will know what I mean.

my take anyway,

txwillie
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 02:34:29 pm by txwillie »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 01:52:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42