What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Frog start up procedure  (Read 3584 times)

Spiderman

Spa Frog start up procedure
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:43 am »
What is the proper procedure when starting fresh after dumping with the spa frog floating bromine/mineral cartridge dispenser?
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Frog start up procedure
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:43 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spiderman

Re: Spa Frog start up procedure
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 05:04:29 pm »
I'm an idiot when it comes to bromine, so how, what and how much do you use to shock at fill-up?
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Dekken Tubb

• You can't fix stupid...but you can use duct tape.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 11:44:06 pm »
If memory serves, the instructions on the Spa Frog say to open the bromine cartridge wide open for 24 hours (to establish your bromine bank), then set it back to #1 after that.  My dealer's instructions say to set it wide open for 8 hours, then check bromine level and then set to #2.  I followed the dealer's instructions on my first fill, but found that the bromine got too high after awhile, so I set it back to #1.  Bromine has been between 1 and 3 PPM ever since.

YRMV, depending on how you use your tub and maintain your water.
2007 Coleman 481

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 11:44:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42