What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs help ...  (Read 2148 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Hot Springs help ...
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:31:06 pm »
Someone I work with came to me and asked about a problem with his HS not heating correctly. The unit is about 6 YO and has a digital controller (just in case). Unfortunately I don't know the model (he didn't know either) and he suspects the "thermostat". I told him it should have a thermister (no thermostat in a digitally controlled unit) in the tub and suggested it might be in the filter compartment (he says it only has 1 big filter -????). Also unfortunately the HS is about 200 miles away in his vacation home, I won't be doing any house calls.

Where can I tell him to look for the thermister (I realize it can be in different locations)?

Is it a readily available part (I assume yes) and how much is it approximately?

Anything else it could be? It sounds like it's heating but not exactly correctly.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs help ...
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:31:06 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hot Springs help ...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:59:13 pm »
It sounds like a Tiger River.

He will find the thermister plugged into the heater.  There are 2, one control thermister, one hi limit.

They are not expensive.

I would check for clogged filter.  Who maintains it?  Has he ever replaced the filter?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52:46 pm »
Thanks for the info.

I have no clue! He seemed pretty up on it when he first got it. He bought it at our ( he lives in my township) slimy HS dealer (the dealer not HS ;D) who sold him the tub and probably crossed 3 other territories to deliver, then told him to call the local HS dealer for any issues.

I'll print out what you advised and I'll give it to him.

He came to me because he figures that I'm either connected or full of useless knowledge ... I think the latter! ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42