What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what the best cover lifter?  (Read 2550 times)

diane

what the best cover lifter?
« on: August 22, 2007, 11:48:43 am »
Are there any cover lifters out there that completely lower the cover so that it is not obstucting my view?

Hot Tub Forum

what the best cover lifter?
« on: August 22, 2007, 11:48:43 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: what the best cover lifter?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 12:29:50 pm »
Are there any cover lifters out there that completely lower the cover so that it is not obstucting my view?

I think the Covermate II might be a good option for this.

http://www.rhtubs.com/coverlifts/index.html
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 01:50:54 pm »
I have the cover caddy

http://www.hottubworks.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=COVL&keywords=all&template=ShopSSL/CategoryCoverLifts.html&gclid=CMiro4zWiY4CFQwsOAodjF3SDw

It is great if you want a great view and need to have no arms along the side of the tub.  The rocket....which I know nothing about....same link.  Looks like it will give you the "best" view

Good luck
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:51:14 pm by hottbpete »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 02:49:01 pm »
Unfortunately, no. I've talked to numorous lift manufacturers about this and they ALL say the same thing........ There would be so much room needed around the spa for something like this to work, the market for them would be too small to make it worth their while to design and manufacture a product that would do this.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 03:21:55 pm »
the rocket looks like it will use up just a few inches of sight line.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 03:45:29 pm »
The Rock-It, which is virtually the same as the Ideal EZ Lift, the Covermate Easy and the Cover-Up simply stands the folded cover up next to the side of the spa. A short spa with a large cover will leave quite a bit of cover exposed.

The other thing to consider is how far above the spa a users eyes actually are. For many people, especially if they're sitting reclined in the spa, their eye level may only be 4" above the edge of the spa.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 03:45:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42