What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cloudy water  (Read 6221 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: cloudy water
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 04:38:33 pm »
Clean your filter.....or buy a fresh filter and switch it out.  Keep one clean and the other in the tub.  Briliance is a fine chemical line, easy to administer, but the best way to rid yourself of cloudness is use a cleaned filter.  Don't open the floater too far or bromine will melt too quickly and cloud up the water.  Open the floater to the minimum to start and open it farther as time goes on.  Drian it if the filter switch doesn't do it for you.....Tom

Tom

Though she is using Brilliance chemicals, it is not the bromine...she is using dichlor by Brilliance.  Brilliance is now offering chlorine and regular bromine tabs in addition to the 100% bromine granules.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 04:38:33 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 06:57:55 pm »

As far as your cloudy water problem goes, I would make sure your filters are thouroughly cleaned and then superchlorinate with a 10 ppm dose of dichlor.

Vinny mentioned cleaning the filters after the clarifier use.  That was the first mention of filters I saw.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:00:22 pm by WHY_NOT »

exit109gal

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:12 am »
thanks for all the information and advice
Dan I knew the tub was not sundance, not sure why i said that, guess I was reading another post on a sundance issue.
I have cleaned the filter, twice once before the clarifier and once after.
This week the water is much clearer. I have been putting in the chloine like a teaspoon a day. Haven't really used the tub this week, just once.
I will probably take the advice to empty it next week.
Really appreciate all the help.
pat

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42