What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: heater trips breaker  (Read 2530 times)

LPFD218

heater trips breaker
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:16:17 pm »
 My heater is causing my breaker to trip(50amp),But I checked oms and there good 12.5.Can the heater om good and the element still be bad?With the spa running everything with the heater unhooked,The amps are around 12.When the heater is hooked back up the amps start about 45 amps and quickly increase till the breaker trips?

Hot Tub Forum

heater trips breaker
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:16:17 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: heater trips breaker
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:44:16 am »
I am assuming  but I think you have a GFCI type breaker and the ohms value of the heater has nothing to do with that breaker tripping. It trips it when the sheath has been damage and that allows voltage out and then it grounds out to the heater housing.

When you look a the heater you are not actually seeing the heater all you are seeing is the sheath.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:05:06 pm »
Shut off power,unhook heater, turn spa on,if breaker trips its possible its not the heater but something else.

If breaker doesnt trip run spa for 20/30 min see if breaker trips.if it doesnt, shut power off hook heater back up and turn on the spa,if spa trips pretty much right away you can start by replacing the heater,but it could still be something else.

This is more or less just a quick way to tell if the heater is the problem,there still could be something else going on,but 80% of the time its the heater.

Or call a service tech and get it fixed the right way.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:06:01 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:05:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42