What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "flashing power light" ??  (Read 11222 times)

Jack_L

"flashing power light" ??
« on: July 01, 2007, 02:29:20 am »
Tonight my daughter was playing with the waterfall and she ended up unscrewing the entire works.  I had to shut off the power to stop the circ pump to get it back together (washer in place, etc) and when I powered it back on the only thing that would work is the recirculate pump.  The heat and jets would not go on, and the power light is flashing red.  

Is there a reset I need to push somewhere?  My main manual somehow got all wet long ago and all pages stuck together so I can't read the troubleshooting stuff.

The tub is a 2006 Hot Springs Vanguard.

Thanks,

Jack

Hot Tub Forum

"flashing power light" ??
« on: July 01, 2007, 02:29:20 am »

Mez

Re: "flashing power light" ??
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 09:03:22 am »
Tonight my daughter was playing with the waterfall and she ended up unscrewing the entire works.  I had to shut off the power to stop the circ pump to get it back together (washer in place, etc) and when I powered it back on the only thing that would work is the recirculate pump.  The heat and jets would not go on, and the power light is flashing red.  

Is there a reset I need to push somewhere?  My main manual somehow got all wet long ago and all pages stuck together so I can't read the troubleshooting stuff.

The tub is a 2006 Hot Springs Vanguard.

Thanks,

Jack
Not sure I can help you except to recommend you go online and try to download a manual for your tub. I know mine was available online in Adobe Acrobat form...good luck

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 12:20:07 pm »
Go here for your manual:

http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Customers/owner_manual_pre-delivery.html

I think you want to power off for 30 seconds then back on.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jack_L

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 02:26:58 pm »
Afer reading the pdf it said the flashing power could be due to a filter issue.  I pulled out all of my filters and though they didn't seem any more dirty then norm, I cleaned them.  I did notice that the cartridge that goes in the center of the grey tube was corroded/partially plugged.  I cleaned that a bit, but the cleaned filters back and its all ok now.  

Thanks for the help/suggestions!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 08:43:47 pm »
The filter on the circ pump loads up fastest, as that is the one doing the bulk of the filtering.  Good idea to rotate them. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spiderman

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 01:06:52 pm »
 I did notice that the cartridge that goes in the center of the grey tube was corroded/partially plugged.  I cleaned that a bit, but the cleaned filters back and its all ok now.  

Thanks for the help/suggestions!!

The cartridge should be your silver ion cartridge.  How long has the cartridge been in there?  You should replace it when you change your water or every four months.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 01:22:00 pm »

The cartridge should be your silver ion cartridge.  How long has the cartridge been in there?  You should replace it when you change your water or every four months.  

If you don't replace it, you should at least remove it.   Chas once posted that the cartriges can weaken over time and break open.  All the ceramic beads end up inside the pump.  A costly and non waranty repair.  :-?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 01:22:22 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 01:04:03 am »
ZZZzzactly!

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:47:32 pm »
ZZZzzactly!

8-)

Hey Where have you been? Everything going well?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:47:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42