What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie, and new hot tub owner questions...  (Read 5401 times)

amynoel

Newbie, and new hot tub owner questions...
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:38:03 pm »
Okay, I am new here, as well as a new hot tub owner. My husband and I bought a Coast Spa the Bahama Soundwaves. We got the stone slate exterier and the olivine color of tub. It has the waterfall, the lights, the stereo, seats 8, it is an 8 foot hot tub. I am wondering if any of you out there have this tub, or a similar tub, and what I should have paid for this tub? I would like just a ballpark figure to see if I paid at least in the right range. Thanks so much for any help! Also, how long will it take to heat the water once it is set up?

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie, and new hot tub owner questions...
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:38:03 pm »

D.P. Roberts

Re: Newbie, and new hot tub owner questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:45:10 pm »
Well, as to the price, it's a bit late for that, isn't it? ;)

Buyer's remorse aside, most 220V tubs heat up at about 6-8 degrees F per hour. So, if you're filling the tub with water from a hose at about 50F, and you want to get to 100 or so, plan on 6-8 hours to heat up.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

amynoel

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:11:07 pm »
True True about the price, but I think I got a good deal, but since I have never owned one, wasn't sure, and I don't know if it is too late or not, it hasn't been delivered yet. So I was just curious. Thanks for the temp info though. I thought it would be days before it was heated completely.

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 07:38:14 pm »
Coast IMO are way over priced  the set there MSRP @ something like $16,500 then dealer price is say $13,000  to make you think your getting a deal.  Coast is in the middle of a massive recall on their pumps for catching fire.  The thread is on page 4 of the forum.  If you tested the tub against others and your happy with your decision go for it.  But I wouldnt put Coast in my top 20 just for the simple fact everything they market and the quality of the tubs is suspect  since there is no such pump that has a true 7hp rating and everything on their tubs are proprietary so you have to deal with coast for everything as long as you own that tub.  (A lot of flash not a lot of substance)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 11:01:28 am »
What did you pay for this tub? Where do you live?

07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 03:02:44 pm »
Hint:

If you paid say $6,000 (pulled number out of the air), you got a $6,000 spa, not a $15,000 spa at 60% off.

But since it's all water under the bridge at this point, just focus on enjoying your spa, and don't forget to register the warranty paperwork accurately and promptly.  
Brewman

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 03:26:10 pm »
Brewman is right. And don't worry about the pumps. Every tub manufacture has had recalls. That goes for GM, Ford, Mercedes BMW so don't worry about it. Just enjoy your new tub.

amynoel

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 08:31:19 pm »
Thanks, we paid $8800. I think it was a good price. I am so excited about it getting here, the electrician was here today to set us up before the tub gets here on Friday! My family and I are so excited for it to get here and hot so we can jump in and soak! We will enjoy it, and I am not at all worried about the recall on the pumps, I have a Jeep, and it has had a recall, but it got fixed and I am sure they wouldn't sell us a spa with the recalled parts in it, so I am not at all concerned with that.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 11:35:35 am »
Post a picture of your spa if you don't mind.  

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 12:29:05 pm »
Yes post a picture. I don't know if you knew, but you have to be in it with a bikini on, for us to call you a regular.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 12:44:07 pm »
Yes post a picture. I don't know if you knew, but you have to be in it with a bikini on, for us to call you a regular.

07 Caldera Geneva

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 12:52:18 pm »
I think Drewster should be band from the human race! :o Also, your girlfriend doesn't count, she's not in a tub, (can't get in a tub). ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:53:59 pm by galen »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 12:55:10 pm »
I think Drewster should be band from the human race! :o Also, your girlfriend doesn't count, she's not in a tub, (can't get in a tub). ;D

Taken at Galens house  last weekend:

8-)
07 Caldera Geneva

amynoel

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 10:48:59 pm »
Um, I am not too sure about you guys! I will see what I can do about photos after it is here and set up, as for the bikini, I don't know about that. You don't want to see me in a bikini, I am thirty years old, you want to see the 18,19,20,21 year olds not me!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 11:57:54 pm »
Okay, I am new here, as well as a new hot tub owner. My husband and I bought a Coast Spa the Bahama Soundwaves. We got the stone slate exterier and the olivine color of tub. It has the waterfall, the lights, the stereo, seats 8, it is an 8 foot hot tub. I am wondering if any of you out there have this tub, or a similar tub, and what I should have paid for this tub? I would like just a ballpark figure to see if I paid at least in the right range. Thanks so much for any help! Also, how long will it take to heat the water once it is set up?

It seems the median price for that size hot tub is between $6K and $8K.  If it has stereo or other accessories, you pay more but your $8,800 figure sounds about right.  The dealer is the most important aspect so as long as he takes care of you, you should be good to go.  It is true that Coast had a LOT of problems 6-8 years ago (with poor customer service and potentially even some fraud by one of the prior owners) but  that was a good while back.  It is also true that the pumps they were using (1 year ago?) had a recall but they were not the only brand using those pumps so it wasn't really a Coast quality issue but rather a supplier-to-coast issue.  Don't take these guys with the photo's too seriously and please send all bikini pics to me in advance and I'll provide the forum with an appropriate critical eye.  wink, wink...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 11:57:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42