What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ITS FINALLY HERE!! A few pics to view of the J-345  (Read 5192 times)

Mez

ITS FINALLY HERE!! A few pics to view of the J-345
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:25:34 pm »
Well, after 8 long weeks, I got a call from the dealer today saying the long overdue J-345 was finally in. He told me he had an install cancelation and he could either deliver within the hour or it would be another week, so obviously I said I would take off work for a couple hours and meet the delivery guys.

This is a shot of my existing deck, I cut the railing to the right of the photo and put a set of steps down off to the side of the swing. I made a "boardwalk" using treated lumbar going out to the 10X10 pad I poured using bags of Sakrete (64 bags!). I made a frame out of treated lumbar, bolted it together and cross sectioned it into 4 parts using 2X4's. I then was able to do a section a day over 4 days mixing the concrete. I then used the same wood decking and covered the concrete pad to match my deck. It was alot cheaper than having someone pour it and I think it blends better.

This shows the tub looking down the steps. That is a set of steps with a 6 ft landing standing up in the background that I built to go along the front of the tub. I angled the tub into the corner leaving about a 3 foot walkway down one side to open the cover and 3 feet in the front to accomodate the steps/landing.
It is a tight spot where I placed it due to my 6 year olds Jungle Jim but in a couple more years I will take that down and landscape the entire area and open it up some.

Here it is opened up. My wife liked the new Graphite Shell with the roasted chestnut cabinet. It kind of grew on me as well after awhile, not that it mattered, I would have gone with this combo regardless :) I re-stained my deck, fence, Jungle Jim and repainted our lawn shed in advance but it ended up way too dark compared to the cabinet.

A shot looking down at it from the deck. It needs to be cleaned, the dealer delivered it without any of the wrap on it as they had installed the ozonator before delivery. They did wipe it down but there is still some debris in the bottom of it because a storm started to blow in before they had the lifter installed.
All I need now is to hear from the electrician and fill 'er up!
I want to take a moment to thank all the members on here that helped me through the purchasing process and the words of encouragement as I waited through the longer than it should have been delivery process. I am sure I will have more questions to come in the upcoming days :)
I will try to post some more pics when I get it together including the mandatory "night shot" and a pic of my happy wife either in or next to her new toy :)
On a side note:
Jacuzzi Jim, can you tell me if you know, are the RX jets in the 400 series interchangeable with any of the jets on this tub? I felt them last week with my hand while waiting at the dealer last week and they are awesome! Can they be swapped out at all and how much of a pain would it be to do so? TIA.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 09:54:53 am by Mez »

Hot Tub Forum

ITS FINALLY HERE!! A few pics to view of the J-345
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:25:34 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: ITS FINALLY HERE!! A few pics to view of the J
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:36:23 pm »
[size=72]CONGRATULATIONS[/size]
Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing. Have you got a hold of the electrician yet? I had to wait 24 hrs after delvery before mine was final connected. I did however sit in it dry 3 times. :-[ I thoght about doing it myself but the same crew that does the final hookup also had my cover and lifter, so there was really no point in doing it with 50 degree ambient temps. Hope you get it fired up soon. Anxiously awaiting the pics of your better half. ;D

Cheers,

Chad
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:27:55 pm by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:39:38 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim, can you tell me if you know, are the RX jets in the 400 series interchangeable with any of the jets on this tub? I felt them last week with my hand while waiting at the dealer last week and they are awesome! Can they be swapped out at all and how much of a pain would it be to do so? TIA.

I'm also curious to see if it's possible.
Mez, you know the two FX2 jets that are in the front left seat(when facing the control panel). I didn't like them, so I swapped them for 2 more of the LX jets(the ones that spin). My favorite seat however is the back right (the one with the 10 FX jets). What's your favorite seat so far?

Mez

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:04:34 pm »

I'm also curious to see if it's possible.
Mez, you know the two FX2 jets that are in the front left seat(when facing the control panel). I didn't like them, so I swapped them for 2 more of the LX jets(the ones that spin). My favorite seat however is the back right (the one with the 10 FX jets). What's your favorite seat so far?

I dont know...unlike you, I havent dry tested it 3 times :) I am going to have to say in my limited trial, it would have to be the FX therapy seat, same as you. I was thinking that those RX jets look to be the same size and I could definitely see swapping some of those out for the FX. I like your idea of swapping out the LX jets as well. I might have to tweak mine a bit too :) Have you seen or wet tested the 400 series with the RX? I really liked them but not enough to cough up 10 big ones! I liked the layout of the 300 series better, I liked the filter shield better than those in the 400 as well as those light headrest and cupholders...fluff, I know, but still look kinda cool.
I called my electrician today on the way out of work to meet the delivery guys and left a message. He told me to call and give him notice to the delivery day and he would try to schedule it becasue he knew I wouldnt want it sitting here for days not hooked up. I havent heard from him yet, I was hoping he would call and tell me he would be here first thing in the morning. He is an old aqquantince of mine and once he came to my old house at 10:30 at night when my breaker box started acting up. Climbed up in the dark and cut the power to my house from the pole, called the Elec. Company to come out and run new service, ran a temp line and then came back the next day and installed a new box and breakers and charge me $250 for the whole thing....I am hoping he still works off hours and his price is still cheap :) I looked at his work afterwards and I have to say it was the best looking job I had ever seen on a breaker box. Each wire was bent at a perfect 90 degrees, spaced evenly apart, the county inspector even commented on the "beautiful work" the guy did :)
I cant wait to take our first plunge...I'll see what I can do to sneak a pic or two of my better half on here as well :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:00:27 am by Mez »

bhziii

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 09:30:50 pm »
Congrats Mez .  We are enjoying our J-355 and I am sure you will enjoy your Jacuzzi.  Looking forward to night shots pictures.  

All this talk about swapping jets is making me wonder about my tub.  My wife loves the seat with the 10 jets.  Look forward to hearing from Jim.

Once again congrats.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 09:51:42 pm »
Finally!  Congrats.

However, once again your dealer amazes me.  He does not have to remove all the packaging to install the ozone.  Simply cut the an opening in the front, remove the door, install the ozone, relace the door, tape up the packing.  Then [glow]your[/glow] spa is protected throughout the delivery process.

Oh well.  I guess other than some debris no problems.

enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.  You done great work. :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 09:52:08 pm by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »
 :-*

apple

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 10:56:14 pm »
Congrats and enjoy!!

Mez

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 11:20:18 pm »
Congrats Mez .  We are enjoying our J-355 and I am sure you will enjoy your Jacuzzi.  Looking forward to night shots pictures.  

All this talk about swapping jets is making me wonder about my tub.  My wife loves the seat with the 10 jets.  Look forward to hearing from Jim.

Once again congrats.
Thank you...after the extra long wait, I am excited about it for a change. I look forward to hearing Jim weigh in on the jet swap as well. I am encouraged that Chad said he swapped some out. I got these pics from Jacuzzis website...

The RX Jet

The FX Jet
They seem like they sit in the same sized area of the shell. just wondering on the swap.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:30:08 am by Mez »

Mez

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 12:04:37 am »
Finally!  Congrats.

However, once again your dealer amazes me.  He does not have to remove all the packaging to install the ozone.  Simply cut the an opening in the front, remove the door, install the ozone, relace the door, tape up the packing.  Then [glow]your[/glow] spa is protected throughout the delivery process.

Oh well.  I guess other than some debris no problems.

enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.  You done great work. :D :D :D
Thanks Dan...yes, I was a bit baffled when the truck arrived and it was just sitting there unwrapped, thats why I asked the guy why and he told me about them doing the ozone install. At least when they strapped it down they had foam under the straps to protect it :)
I had to get back to work but I'll get in there with a shop vac tomorrow and clean it up.

cburk0677

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 08:42:09 am »
Looks great. Also looking forward to pics of your wife:)
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 10:38:20 am »
That's a nice install. I really like the dark chestnut skirt and the thin vertical slats. It's a sharp looking tub.  The pics really show off the unique slope shapeof the Jaquziiz shell lip.

Nice!!!!!!  :D
07 Caldera Geneva

SpaNE

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 11:37:54 am »
Mez - congrats on finally getting your tub - I hope you are soaking soon!!

Keep us up to date on the possible jet swaps.  I had no idea this was possible - or cost effective.  My least favorite jets are the 2 PowerPro FX leg jets on the left rear seat.  My favorite seat is the left front.  I love the combination of jets.

I'd also like to know if we could add RX jets.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 01:13:06 pm »
  Hey guys,        Mez the spa looks great glad you finally got it!!

Some of the jets you can swap out but alas the RX jets will only work in the 400 series. :-[   I have heard rumors they might put them in the 300 series next year but thats a ways down the road.

SpaNE

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 01:16:12 pm »
 Hey guys,        Mez the spa looks great glad you finally got it!!

Some of the jets you can swap out but alas the RX jets will only work in the 400 series. :-[   I have heard rumors they might put them in the 300 series next year but thats a ways down the road.

What would be an expected charge to have a dealer come out and swap a jet - cost of jet and installation?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 01:16:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42