What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Average time of delivery  (Read 4449 times)

Mez

Average time of delivery
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:29:05 pm »
Here it is 7 weeks after we ordered a Jacuzzi J-345 and we still have no tub, no word on an arrival date either :(
Was told when we ordered it would take 4-6 weeks due to the fact they were getting enough orders to ship from California to Ohio by train, saving on frieght and giving me a better price.  I called to the day of 6 weeks, left a meassage and didnt get a return call. Drove there the next day and spoke to the rep I ordered from that when everything came down to it said he wasnt sure what the delay is...give me a day or two and I will call you...its been 5 days now and still not so much as a call. Then he says they had ordered 26 tubs, will do 2 installs a day...so I figure depending on where I fall, it could be an additional 2 weeks before I get it once it hits town.
Am I being unreasonable in asking for a simple explanation on the delay? I am a buyer for my company and I know all too well, sometimes things dont go as planned but I can usually pick up a phone and have an answer as to why very quickly. I liked this dealer when I placed the order over all the others I visited and I dont want to become an A hole and jeapordize the relationship but I have to admit I am not all that thrilled up to this point.
How long did all of you wait after ordering before you received your tub? I have been ready for 5 weeks now, pad installed, electrician on hold and I figured I would have been in hot water by now...just voicing my frustration on here.
The dealer has a great (no incidents in 36 months) with the BBB. THe sales agreement states all down payments non refundable. I can understand that, I wouldnt want to be a daeler, order a custom tub and a week or two later someone cancels due to buyers remorse. I am very laid back but even I get to apoint where enough is enough. I had narrowed my search down to 2 tubs and the other dealer had tubs in stock. Any advice?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 09:36:43 pm by Mez »

Hot Tub Forum

Average time of delivery
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:29:05 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Average time of delivery
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 06:44:57 pm »
 At this point you should be all over them,we have ran across this before but not very often mostly during fair season, the longest we have ever waited for a spa from Jacuzzi is 4 weeks from day of order to our door step.  But then we our on the same side of the country,still your not that far away.

The very least ask them to bring you a loaner till yours comes in!  We would at that point.
They should have a J-345 instock if not tell them to bring something else or drop the price some for time served.

Always be nice but let them know how you feel and that when its in you want to be first or second on delivery. I bet your not the only one thats waiting for there spa from that store.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 07:01:44 pm »
Spas shipped by train - I've been wondering about that very issue...

I'd keep following up in person. I've been waiting for several months for my tub (a used one that's undergoing refurbishing). My phone calls end up being forgotten, but my visits seem to instigate faster responses.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 07:19:50 pm »
Mez:
I suggest that you, the wife and your six kids (borrowed, if necessary) show up at the dealer every day from now on out with your speedos, picnic cooler and pool toys to use one of the demo tubs for a few hours each day.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear that your tub has been located and will be delivered pronto.

Seriously, that really sucks.  Your dealer sure knows how to start off on the wrong foot.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 07:53:35 pm »
Damn, that does bite.  I just ordered a tub a couple weekends ago.  I was told it would be in the week of June 18th, which was four weeks.  This was a Sundance model.  I'm hoping there's no delay because I've been busting my butt getting our deck and patio done by that time.  Good luck.  Hope your tub is delivered soon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:54:25 pm by dax »

Mez

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 09:23:47 pm »
Thanks for the replies everyone...I just needed to vent a little. I had thought about going up there every night and doing a prolonged wet test myself :)
My wife was counting the days, 4 weeks seemed like a long time when you are staring at the catalog every night. We ordered it in graphite with the dark roasted chestnut cabinet. I restained my deck to match, then the fence, then my 6 yr olds Jungle Jim and then our garden shed. I had thought about going up there and asking them for one out of stock but the only chesnut cabinet in the store looked to be a J-470 with a platinum shell. I could live with that one for the same price :)
I was thinking the time was more like you quoted Jacuzzi Jim, 4 weeks...I busted my butt getting the pad poured (did it all by myself evenings after work in the dark with floodlights on) to ensure I would be ready in time. My electrician has called a couple times trying to schedule time on the day of delivery. Its not that I am looking for something for nothing, price break, free chems for a year, etc...I just want the tub. My wife has been wanting one for years and I finally broke down and agreed, she was on Cloud 9 for awhile anyway.
Like I said, I dont want to be a jerk about it as I picked the Jacuzzi because of the brand and we liked it alot and also felt good about the dealer. They have been in business many years and I want to have a good relationship with them. I have to admit I am concerned now about my choice after calling and stopping by and not getting a return call. I am wondering if they "waited" for enough sales to warrant a rail car shipment and put my tub on hold in the process.
I will probably go back up there Monday and if I get no resolve I am going to contact the owner at a different location. Thanks again all. I will post pictures when(ever) I get it :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 09:34:37 pm by Mez »

Mez

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 09:34:09 pm »

Always be nice but let them know how you feel and that when its in you want to be first or second on delivery. I bet your not the only one thats waiting for there spa from that store.
I agree with the always be nice Jim and I did tell them to bump me to the front of the delivery line. They have 3 stores in different locations, all within a 50 mile radius. The shipment goes to one location (not the one I purchased from) and are scheduled out from there. I told the guy its a simple delivery, if its dry they can even pull their truck right up to the drop point and could be in and out in short order. He said he would see what he could do but then he is also the one that told me he would call me 5 days ago :)
I guess I will just have to play the waiting game now. I am sure you are correct about others waiting. Hell, I would have paid freight by truck had I known it would be this long. I got the tub for $6495 with all the usual stuff included, $6900 even to the penny with sales tax.
I did look at the J-470 while there, although out of my price range (so was the 345 for that matter :) ). I absolutely fell in love with those RX jets or whatever they call them. Do you know if I could swap some of those into a 345?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 09:55:21 pm »
That's too bad Mez.   :(
FWIW, I live in the STL and purchased a 345 from a dealer right after a home show to get a better price on shipping or so I was told. They were shipped by train and I was told 3-4 weeks. It was at my house in just over 3. Those were the longest 3 weeks of my life, so I could only imagine how you feel after 7. >:(
I hope it gets there soon.

Mez

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 07:20:17 am »
That's too bad Mez.   :(
FWIW, I live in the STL and purchased a 345 from a dealer right after a home show to get a better price on shipping or so I was told. They were shipped by train and I was told 3-4 weeks. It was at my house in just over 3. Those were the longest 3 weeks of my life, so I could only imagine how you feel after 7. >:(
I hope it gets there soon.
Thanks Chad, yes, it has been a VERY Looooooong 7 weeks :)
I am usually the the type that once I make up my mind to get something, I get it that day. Doesnt matter what it is, if the guy says you can have it in 3 days, I am on to the next store, next town, whatever it takes. In this case, since we wanted a certain color combo, obviously that couldnt happen, I will just have to count the moments. Every night when I go out and the temp has dropped to a reasonable level, I walk out back to the pad and just kinda look around :)
My wife was so excited after we ordered it, now when the topic comes up she doesnt want to talk about it :(

caribbeansun

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 08:34:34 am »
The worse part is you've lost all your household points for the original purchase.

If my tub takes 7 weeks I'd be freaking out.

My wife was so excited after we ordered it, now when the topic comes up she doesnt want to talk about it :(

Mez

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 03:08:34 pm »
The worse part is you've lost all your household points for the original purchase.

If my tub takes 7 weeks I'd be freaking out.

Tell me about it..she was VERY appreciative for a couple weeks...I was thinkiing, Damn, I should have bought this a long time ago :)

I just finished building the steps to it, came in to cool off for awhile...maybe I'll post a pic or two after I stain it.

Pathfinder

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 11:16:53 pm »
7 weeks is a little ridiculous even for a big order of spas  More than likely your order never went in for a couple of weeks after it was supposed to. I would ask for proof from your dealer as to when they ordered the spa  because they will have a receipt of an order confirmation for your tub.  As a dealer I would be hooking you up with a couple extras for this long of a wait as if it were my tub Id be plenty pissed.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 12:00:36 pm »
I can understand your frustration....BUT

I wouldn't "blow a gasket" over this.

Yeah it's a disappointment.....yeah you're anxious...
but look...you are going to have the tub probably a decade...

Come on... in the big picture of things...does it really
matter whether you have it next week or in 3 weeks?

Sure....the dealer is probably playing some games
and not telling you the whole story about why
exactly it is taking so long.

But in a month you'll be soaking to your heart's content.....
so is it really worth giving yourself a coronary over?....relax.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 12:35:56 pm »
Our customers typically order a spa and get it delivered that week.  In 22 years, the longest anyone has ever had to wait for a spa was 3 weeks with the exception of a guy that ordered a blue HotSpot Trinidad and there was a problem with the mold.  He felt 4 weeks was too long and cancelled his order. ::)

Had a few people over the years come in, see one they wanted on the floor, and we followed them home with it.  Customer service will keep them and their friends coming back year after year.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 12:53:52 pm »
I can understand your frustration....BUT

I wouldn't "blow a gasket" over this.

Yeah it's a disappointment.....yeah you're anxious...
but look...you are going to have the tub probably a decade...

Come on... in the big picture of things...does it really
matter whether you have it next week or in 3 weeks?

Sure....the dealer is probably playing some games
and not telling you the whole story about why
exactly it is taking so long.

But in a month you'll be soaking to your heart's content.....
so is it really worth giving yourself a coronary over?....relax.

If my dealer said that to me when I asked what was going on, I'd snap.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 12:53:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42