What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Prodigy  (Read 1771 times)

tsaileus

HS Prodigy
« on: June 04, 2007, 12:54:04 am »
We drove about 75 mi yesterday to a store having a grand opening. They've been in business for about 30 years but moved into a new building. Had 6 different Hot Springs and Tiger River tubs ready for wet testing. Very nice people, no pressure. I really liked the HS Prodigy. Titanium heater (does that really matter?). And I was very interested in being able to get one of the models that would go hotter than 104 (apparently they had to remove that option on the newest tubs being produced).  

They quoted me a price of $7235 with free delivery, free travel for repairs for a year, cover, lifter, startup kit, steps and ozonator.   :-/

This seemed like a grood deal to me but then again I'm very new at this.
What do you think?

Hot Tub Forum

HS Prodigy
« on: June 04, 2007, 12:54:04 am »

Spiderman

Re: HS Prodigy
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:51:58 am »
Hot Spring calls it the "no fault" heater and it's guaranteed for 5 years.  It's called the "no fault", because no matter how poorly you maintain your water chemistry, it's guaranteed for the 5 years.  

Prices vary from dealer to dealer and from region to region.  The prodigy is a nice tub and there are some happy owners here.  Good luck!!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:37 am »

Yes, we are happy owners of a 1996 HS Prodigy.  We just love it.  The seating and the jets are just what we were looking for.  So far, no problems.  Very easy to keep the water at the set temp. even in cold weather.  Elec. bill is about $10.00 higher, but we enjoy the tub so much the little extra we pay is surely worth it.  We paid around the same price you were quoted with the misc. items you mentioned.  We live in Pa., don't know the prices in other states.  We were lucky, our dealer has the hot tubs in his warehouse, so we had our tub in 3 days.  Happy tubbing!!  Hope you don't have to wait as long as some other people on this Forum.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42