What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie - Buying Help  (Read 1930 times)

Taddtx

Newbie - Buying Help
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:00:46 pm »
I know alot of the buying decissons are subjective.  But...   We have looked at a local Rec Warehouse at their Leisure Bay Line.  Was considdering the Leisure Bay Santo @ almost 5K delivered.  

It has 16 jets, which seems like a small number when I look at some other models.  But then I hear from some sales men, that the number of jets is not that important as the horsepower driving them.  (but then why would they put 40+ jets in some).

Im looking for a spa that will hold 4 to 5, with a lounger.

I plan on spending about 5K, and right now feel like im dealing with used car sales men.  I have read what I can find on the net, but not all that helpful.

any advise would be appreciated...   Im in the Dallas -FT Worth Area, if anyone is local, or knows local dealers.

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie - Buying Help
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:00:46 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Newbie - Buying Help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:14:44 pm »
But then I hear from some sales men, that the number of jets is not that important as the horsepower driving them.  (but then why would they put 40+ jets in some).

Actually, neither is the important part. Would you rather have 100 jets driven by a 200hp pump, none of which feel good, or 2 jets driven by a .75 hp pump that give you the most perfectly feeling massage you could ever want?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Newbie - Buying Help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:14:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42