What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should I Get This: D1 Lotus - Used W/3yr warranty  (Read 4807 times)

navsav

Re: Should I Get This: D1 Lotus - Used W/3yr warra
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 10:15:38 am »
Hey guys I just found the seller who owns this tub he is going to sell on consignment at the dealer.  I randomly found him while searching review on the net.  He had an add on craigs list - asking 6900 for the tub.  Of course if i buiy used from him i won't get any warrant y at all but I could save over 2000 dollars.  I would probably offer around 6-6500 for the tub and assume about 500 bucks worht of delievery.  My gate is small so then may need a crane.

So what do you guys think.  I could save a lot of money here on a used tub.  THe guy is going to filll the tub for me and let me try it tonight or tomorrow.  I will report back after testing it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 10:15:38 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 12:53:24 pm »
Hey guys I just found the seller who owns this tub he is going to sell on consignment at the dealer.  I randomly found him while searching review on the net.  He had an add on craigs list - asking 6900 for the tub.  Of course if i buiy used from him i won't get any warrant y at all but I could save over 2000 dollars.  I would probably offer around 6-6500 for the tub and assume about 500 bucks worht of delievery.  My gate is small so then may need a crane.

So what do you guys think.  I could save a lot of money here on a used tub.  THe guy is going to filll the tub for me and let me try it tonight or tomorrow.  I will report back after testing it.

I would pay about 50% of new for a used spa.  They depreciate pretty quickly and that has a lot to do with warranty.  I personally would not put a lot of faith in a dealer warranty.  Without factory backing it is only as good as his word.  There are too many excuses in a spa for a dealer to decline doing repairs, even if in witing.  What recourse do you have?  Court?  If you feel comfortable that the spa is in good working condition, I would say between 5-6 to the original owner depending on what it really costs new.

Brookenstein

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 12:57:11 pm »
I looked at/for used tubs for about a year before I came accross mine.  D-1's seemed to go for the most $$$ of any of the brands used.  But with that being said, I still think its a lot of money for a used tub.  It may be what your market goes for, so it may be worth it.  In SoCal, most tubs 2 yrs old or newer went for $4-5k and older than that were in the $2-4k.  Also, if they were priced right, they were gone within a day or two.  My brother found I think it was a year old Jacuzzi 345 that was priced low, like 4k, and offered the guy $2500.  He took it.  If you sound serious, and say hey, Ill put $250 cash down, and I've got a delivery crew who can be here Friday, will you take $5000 whatever you are comfortable at... they may just take it.  It at least gives you negotiating room and you might be able to get it a lot less.  A warranty is nice, but $2k is a lot of $$$ in warranty work.  The dealer may have convinced the seller he can get him the $6900 or whatever it was at the store, so he may not want to negotiate, but just getting the cash in hand and not having to deal with it, might be worth it for him to take  a little less for it.  I'd just feel him out you really have nothing to lose, and could save a lot of $$.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 12:57:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42