What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lounger or no lounger?  (Read 5795 times)

guyplayeur

Lounger or no lounger?
« on: May 12, 2007, 05:10:30 pm »
I haven't wet tested a tub with a lounger yet.  One of the models I'm considering, the Jacuzzi J-460, has one, but my local dealer doesn't have one to wet test, which is a real bummer.  

I'm wondering if anyone has a preference for one or not.  Anyone got one and wish they hadn't?  Or the other way around?  Looking for stories.

Hot Tub Forum

Lounger or no lounger?
« on: May 12, 2007, 05:10:30 pm »

Micah

Re: Lounger or no lounger?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 05:28:22 pm »
Is there another jacuzzi Dealer around you that might have one? If so it is worth the drive to make sure you love the 460 before you get it in the backyard.  For example if your over 6' the 460 might be a little shallow for you.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 06:59:16 pm »
Do they have another Jacuzzi with a lounger? Lots of companies have similar loungers from one tub to the next. For example, it looks like the "lounge seat" (more of a seat than a lounger) in the J-360 is similar to the J-355.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

guyplayeur

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 07:49:18 pm »
no other nearby dealer, and no other wet tubs with a lounger on site.  it's pretty ridiculous, actually.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 08:34:10 pm »
When I went looking for a tub I was dead set on getting a lounger but after wet testing a couple I decided not to get one. I kept floating out of them. I would definetly wet test one.

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:57:16 pm »
We tested tubs with loungers and tubs without:  we didn't find the lounger to be useful or comfortable.  We have a HS Grandee:  open seating with two Moto Massage DX units on it and we don't miss a lounger at all.  However, don't take our word for it:  wet test tubs with and without a lounger and then make your decision.

Bill

Cabana Boy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 10:05:47 pm »
We wet tested three models (one Sundance and two HotSpring) with loungers and ended up going with a model without a lounger.  Initially we liked the lounger but found we kept floating and had to hold ourselves down to stay in the seat.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 08:06:42 am »
Loungers are another one of those personal preference things - you either love it or hate it.  When we were shopping, my fiance insisted on getting a spa with a lounger.  He is always in it.  He has only tried on of the other seats once and went right back to the lounger.

spaz

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 10:03:12 am »
I'm petite and I cannot lay out in the lounger.  I have to sit on my knees.  My husband is 6' and I think the lounger will be good for him, but he did not wet test.  I could not stay put in the lounger seat.

I think it depends which model you go with.  The models I seem to like all have loungers so I might be stuck with one.

If I had my choice, I would not get a lounger.  I think they are a waste of space.  I would rather have the extra seat.  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 10:13:46 am »
You can put me in the no lounger category with no regrets.  Open style seating gives me more flexability and the SD Optima has two sides that are molded to fit your body and head to lounge across.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 10:21:55 am »
I haven't wet tested a tub with a lounger yet.  One of the models I'm considering, the Jacuzzi J-460, has one, but my local dealer doesn't have one to wet test, which is a real bummer.  

I'm wondering if anyone has a preference for one or not.  Anyone got one and wish they hadn't?  Or the other way around?  Looking for stories.

I dry sat the lounger in the 465 Friday at my dealer. It's definetly a longer, deeper lounger than the average. I'm 6'1'' and it's the only one that seemed to fit me just right that Jacuzzi offers. I might possibly be selling my 6 month old 345 to my cousin and purchasing the 465. It's only me in the tub 95% of the time and I really want to be able to look up at the stars at night w/o straining my neck. I might be able to get into the 465 for $9000 w/o the stereo. It's very tempting. We'll see.

Chad

Btw, I know you were wondering about the 460's lounger. They are basically the same except the 465's is a full lounge (There's no seat at the foot of it.) Instead there are two very powerful foot jets. I can't wait to get in it with water.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:28:25 am by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 10:39:58 am »

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 07:57:31 pm »

Put me in the camp of loving the lounger. Has been a favorite seat for 2 years. Find that after the newness wears off it is usually just me and the wife in tub. Buy what fits you and not what you think other people might like.  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 08:35:59 am »
There's not a better seat in the tub for stargazing than the lounge, IMHO.  As far as "losing" an extra seat, my lounge accomodates 2 very easily...either vertically or horizontally... ;)  
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 11:26:18 am »
My vote was NO LOUNGER.

Besides the floating issue I didn't want
to lose the two regular corner seats.

It's a personal choice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 11:26:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42