What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman Vs. Hotsprings/Sundance Equal Quality?  (Read 20615 times)

loosenupspas

Re: Coleman Vs. Hotsprings/Sundance Equal Quality?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2007, 02:54:03 pm »
cannot resist either.......while my Coleman spas use a twice daily circulation method, which has worked just fine for over twenty years.  But you could if you wanted to.....reset the default circ times to run 24 hours....wow it would be like the same.  Nonetheless, not at all neccessary.  Coleman uses a different philosophical approach to filtration than say hs and others.  oh yeah i forgot...silly boy......only one way is right and hs is it.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2007, 02:54:03 pm »

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 05:44:33 pm »
Alright Loosenupspas you need to relax! All I was saying is from my experience selling Coleman, Sundance and Coast spas. Coleman has given me more problems per unit than Sundance. I agree it is good business sense to produde to the masses as MAXX spas does. Coleman makes an Alright spa, I have sold plenty of them but they aren't in the same league as a Sundance. Thats all I can compare as I have never sold anything else other than Coast and I won't get into them. I'll give Coleman Credit They make what I believe to be one of the quietest tubs on the market when running BUT, would not put them in the same class as Sundance, Hot Springs, Marquis, Jacuzzi ETC. They are what they are in my opinion.

mjb

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 06:11:42 pm »
nsavarirayan,
If you're up for a drive to Prescott to get
personal service and check out Sundance Spas
let me know and I will make arrangements to
meet you here at Biddle Outdoor Center.
Plus, we're about 20 degrees cooler.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 06:15:53 pm »
nsavarirayan,

Hi MJB,

Thanks for the invite.  I have a couple of questions considering if I purchase from your store.  I live in Scottsdale so is delivery a problem from Prescott?

Also if I have warranty issues who do I contact?  will it be a problem since you are in Prescott?

What do you have available for a potential wet test.  And yeah I have no problem making an excuse to come and see you and get out of this heat.

And the final question is - can you give me a good deal!!!  Thanks!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 08:04:22 pm »

Doesn't Jaccuzzi/Sun Dance have tubs in like Sams?  And Hot Springs in Costco?  So what if a company makes a spa for a big box retailer....seems like a good diverse business plan to me.  Why is it negative to build a product specifically for a large scale retailer?  Unless of course by implication one is attempting to cast aspersions on the total quality of the Maax line up...but that couldn't happen here in the pantheon of the unbiased.

I do find it interesting that in Costco's ad for the Highlife, it says:
-"From the makers of Hot Spring® Spas, the world’s number one selling brand of portable spas...."
and
- "With the Highlife spa, you can relax in the comfort of knowing you purchased a quality spa from the makers of the world’s number one selling brand."

I don't see any similar language referring to MAXX or Keyes Backyard in their ads for the Discovery, Pilates, or Infinity spas.
I wonder why Costco would do that?  
They must have just forgot to add that copy to these ads, huh?

Rich
(Stirring up trouble)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Trenden

No ball bearings in Coleman jets
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 06:31:35 pm »
Someone mentioned Coleman jets falling out and ball-bearing problems.  There are no ball bearings in Coleman’s jets anymore.  Ball bearing wear was a problem with many spa brands in the past but many have gone away from designs that require ball bearings, including Coleman.  

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 08:40:02 pm »
My opinion is that Marquis and Hot Springs are the two best on the market.
Funny. These were the bottom 2 in our wet-testing and fairly thorough analysis of 8 different brands. We did our homework. The analysis rated all dealers equal although they certainly were not. Turned out that the dealer with the worst personality had the best tub. Ironic.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:54:57 pm by Neptuner »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 08:50:17 pm »
Funny. These were the bottom 2 in our wet-testing of 8 different brands.

Can you elaborate on what you did not care for, I recently had the chance to soak in several spas and would disagree with you, but of course that is why wet testing matters to find whats best YOU.

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2007, 09:21:51 pm »
Price was not a major consideration. We were looking for comfort and value.

Thought the Marquis was well made, but really disliked the "zone concept". Could not get the diverters into a position where both of us were satisfied. I am quite tall (6' 4"). In the Euphoria the only seat I liked was on the floor. All of the other Marquis spas were too small for us, lounge too short in the Reward, etc. I liked the cabinet with the easily removable panels.

We liked the HS spas even less. None of the seats were comfortably contoured. The entire array of jets seemed underpowered, although my wife liked the moto massage. The endurol (sp) shell was less attractive than the acrylics available from other manufacturers. At that time the only HS that we liked at all was the Landmark.

I liked the Tiger River spas a lot more in terms of design and utility. Of all the Watkins products we looked at and wet tested we liked the Caldera Martinique the best.

One more comment. When someone says arrogance in the business world I immediately think of 3 companies: IBM, Microsoft and HotSpring.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:16:48 pm by Neptuner »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2007, 09:36:15 pm »
Correct me if I am wrong but its been a couple of years since you last wet tested right?...you went with a Catalina...I know the owner of Catalina...I really like him....

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 09:57:17 pm »
Yes, we went with a 93 inch X 93 inch 40 inch deep Catalina, the perfect fit for us and $6,000 OTD. We ignored the gimmick options getting only ozone, a blower and a vibrating head rest in the lounger which everyone likes. Our second choice was the D1 Chairman II - great lounger but priced over $9,000 and no whirlpool jet. Much of my time in my spa is spent using only the whirlpool jet.

For us, the Catalina was the best value. Nothing else really came close. Nearly 4 years later I could not be happier with our decision.

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 01:13:23 am »
Correct me if I am wrong but its been a couple of years since you last wet tested right?...you went with a Catalina...I know the owner of Catalina...I really like him....

Yes, it's been awhile since I've wet-tested anything. And you are implying....?

And what brand(s) do you carry?

I am a close friend of the Marquis/D1 dealer nearest my home (30 miles). After testing his spas he recommended Catalina to me because of my height and particular therapy needs. Now that's a dealer !
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:14:52 am by Neptuner »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 08:20:09 am »
nsavarirayan,
If you are not the closest Sundance dealer to nsavarirayan, he will not be able to buy from you according to Sundance's corporate guidelines.  I speak from experience with trying to buy a Sundance from other dealers because the closest to me is a...let's just say I'd do without a spa if he were my only choice...

And, BTW, Coleman was MUCH higher on my list than HS when I was seeking my tub...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:21:51 am by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 10:21:41 am »
Coleman Has went back to bearing jets if I remember correctly for 2007

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 07:11:29 pm »
Many manufacturers use "off the shelf" jets.  Does Coleman currently? ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 07:11:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42