What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman Vs. Hotsprings/Sundance Equal Quality?  (Read 20617 times)

RUBADUBDUB

Re: Coleman Vs. Hotsprings/Sundance Equal Quality?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 11:08:46 pm »
I used to carry coleman and Sundance. Now JUST SUNDANCE.

Colemans are what they are. Thye are not comparable to Sundance or Hot springs. From my personal experience we have had alot of issues with the jets coming out, and they seem to cost more to heat. NOT OPENING A CAN OF WORMS HERE BETWEEN INSULATION TYPES, its just from MY customer responses. Coleman os MAXX SPAS which also make the tubs for HOME DEPOT.

Choice is yours in the end but from my personal opinion they are what they are...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 11:08:46 pm »

BAJA1027

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 07:56:40 am »
GOT TO TELL YOU THE PROBLEMS I'VE HAD WITH COLEMAN
JETS KEEP FALLING APRT METAL BALL BEARINGS IN HOT TUB EVERYDAY
WHEN I TALK TO DEALER THEY CAME OUT FIRST COUPLE TIMES
BUT SERVICE SLOWLY WENT TO NONE.
THERE WERE BACK TO FIX FOAM GASKET UNDER CONTROLS SEVERAL TIMES.
THE KNOB FOR NECK CONTROLS WAS REPLACED 4 TIMES I REFUSED TO PAY FOR THIS
AFTER WARRANTY (THEY SAID THEY WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT) AND THEY PUT A MARK ON ME CREDIT REPORT. SO I NOW HAVE TO FIGHT THAT TOO. IF YOU ASK ME YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
IF YOU LIVE IN YORK PA OR SURROUNDING AREAS BOB'S INTOWNE SPA IS A PLACE I WOULDN'T GO TO BUY ANYTHING.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 08:45:02 am »
You need to get that capslock control fixed....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Micah

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 11:38:34 am »
GOT TO TELL YOU THE PROBLEMS I'VE HAD WITH  AND THEY PUT A MARK ON ME CREDIT REPORT. SO I NOW HAVE TO FIGHT THAT TOO.

This you need to explain.  How did a spa company put a negative mark on your credit report?  Are you sure that it wasn't a financing company.  If you "forget" to pay your bill I can see that happening.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 01:01:38 pm »

This you need to explain.  How did a spa company put a negative mark on your credit report?  Are you sure that it wasn't a financing company.  If you "forget" to pay your bill I can see that happening.  
He said he refused to pay for service after warranty expired for issue that was never resolved during warranty period.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

loosenupspas

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 04:18:02 pm »
The comparison mentioned was, were Coleman spas as good as HS and SD?......I'd say as good as yes.  While the three are remarkably different and the only true way to know is wet test each one and decide for yourself.  Coleman has many wonderful features as do all other spas.  Coleman has perfected their jets and knobs, so improvements have been made to the designs.  Wet test all.....making sure that the comparisons are fair, ie....apples to apples in terms of sizes of tubs, jet counts and construction.  After you do this come back and report in to let us know what you think of the tubs.

Tom Smith a Coleman Spa dealer

loosenupspas

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 04:27:08 pm »
I used to carry coleman and Sundance. Now JUST SUNDANCE.

Colemans are what they are. Thye are not comparable to Sundance or Hot springs. From my personal experience we have had alot of issues with the jets coming out, and they seem to cost more to heat. NOT OPENING A CAN OF WORMS HERE BETWEEN INSULATION TYPES, its just from MY customer responses. Coleman os MAXX SPAS which also make the tubs for HOME DEPOT.

Choice is yours in the end but from my personal opinion they are what they are...

Doesn't Jaccuzzi/Sun Dance have tubs in like Sams?  And Hot Springs in Costco?  So what if a company makes a spa for a big box retailer....seems like a good diverse business plan to me.  Why is it negative to build a product specifically for a large scale retailer?  Unless of course by implication one is attempting to cast aspersions on the total quality of the Maax line up...but that couldn't happen here in the pantheon of the unbiased.

rick

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 05:23:58 pm »
Rubadubdub needs to go soak in his tub.

For those who would venture that HS, Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi, etal, is a better tub than a Coleman,  please do go into detail as to why.   Better shell?  Better components?  Better what???

Doesn't Jaccuzzi/Sun Dance have tubs in like Sams?  And Hot Springs in Costco?  So what if a company makes a spa for a big box retailer....seems like a good diverse business plan to me.  Why is it negative to build a product specifically for a large scale retailer?  Unless of course by implication one is attempting to cast aspersions on the total quality of the Maax line up...but that couldn't happen here in the pantheon of the unbiased.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 05:26:22 pm »
For those who would venture that HS, Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi, etal, is a better tub than a Coleman,  please do go into detail as to why.   Better shell?  Better components?  Better what???

Circ Pump........ ;) (couldn't resist, rick!)

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

navsav

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 05:36:24 pm »
Ok well I have to update on my search so far.  I went to the Sundance dealer which is simply the paddock pool and spa store - which is huge.  Nobody came by to see if I needed any help at all as i looked at the spas for 15 minutes.  I finally had to talk to someone who told me the "spa" guy was not in today and after several minutes of searching was able to get me a brochure to look at.  Not to knock sundance but this dealer was not to my liking and I could only imagine how they would help me if I had problems.

Well I think I will continue my search next by checking out Caldera, Coleman and Wet Test the Vanguard.

The Caldera dealer over the phone told me if after wet testing everyone else to come to his store and after testing his I won't go back - that seems like a bold statement.  He pitched the fact they have special contoured seats that are very comfortable and keep you in place even when the jets are on high.  I guess feeling is believing!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 06:36:43 pm »
Not to knock sundance but this dealer was not to my liking and I could only imagine how they would help me if I had problems.

Ask how long they have been selling the product. It sounds like spas may be an afterthought so it would be interesting to know if they've had Sundance for long (I’m guessing not from the fact they can't find a brochure, sounds disorganized). You're right though, that's not a knock on Sundance but it may not be a good sign for that particular dealer and you need to be comfortable before and after the sale that the dealer will come through for you in every way.

Well I think I will continue my search next by checking out Caldera, Coleman and Wet Test the Vanguard.

The Caldera dealer over the phone told me if after wet testing everyone else to come to his store and after testing his I won't go back - that seems like a bold statement.  He pitched the fact they have special contoured seats that are very comfortable and keep you in place even when the jets are on high.  I guess feeling is believing!

They'll all tell you that you'll love their spa in a wet test and you probably will like each one but you're looking for the one you like the BEST. Listen to their pitches but just file that talk away until you take that wet test. One of those 3 (or 4) will probably show itself to be the best fit for you after you wet test it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 07:22:02 pm »

Watkins, who makes Hot Spring, has 1 model on Costco.com.

I would bet it is less than 1/10th of 1% of their business.

loosenupspas

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 08:19:36 am »
So if I interpret what you are saying the fact that Hot Springs has a model in Costco is unimportant.  Which supports my point, what does it matter if a manufacturer builts something for a mass retailer, it doesn't lower the overall quality of the manufacturer because they do that.  If fact it show good business sense.  

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:24 am »
So if I interpret what you are saying the fact that Hot Springs has a model in Costco is unimportant.  Which supports my point, what does it matter if a manufacturer builts something for a mass retailer, it doesn't lower the overall quality of the manufacturer because they do that.  If fact it show good business sense.  

What I said is that Hot Spring does [glow]not[/glow] have a spa at Costco.  Watkins has a spa at Costco.com.  It has some features of a Hot Spring, but is not a Hot Spring brand.

However, I agree that it is irrelevant whether a manufacturer builds something for the mass.

rick

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 02:30:51 pm »

Circ Pump........ ;) (couldn't resist, rick!)

Term

Touche East Texan.    :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 02:30:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42