What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-335 purchase..hottub newbie here  (Read 5205 times)

Giant96

Jacuzzi J-335 purchase..hottub newbie here
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:05:59 pm »
Hi everyone my name is Bill and im up in Buffalo, NY. I just stumbled accross this site and im glad I found it.I am a Hottub newbie, have never had one before. I went into the local dealer today just browsing *Gary Pools* and was checking out the Jacuzzi J-335 2006 Model. They had 3 left and I picked one up with regular cover, steps, and chemicals for $5,299. I think that is a good price??

I just have a few questions for you all:
1.) Do I need a ozonator? Is it worth it? I think its $399 for the easy off cover and the ozonator
2.) Should I winterize this during the peak cold months December-Feb? I prob wont be using it during those times.

Thanks everyone for any opinions and comments!! :)
Jacuzzi J-335

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-335 purchase..hottub newbie here
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:05:59 pm »

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
Re: Jacuzzi J-335 purchase..hottub newbie here
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:17:22 am »
Hi Bill!  Welcome to the forums.  I'm about 50 miles east in Rochester.

There are a lot more experienced members who can chime in on price, but yours sounds pretty good based on what the local Jacuzzi dealer here lists.  You'll get varying opinions on ozonators, but I'd say it's worth it for the price, it'll keep your water cleaner and reduce the amount of sanitizer you use.

As for the cold months - I was a doubter too, but let me tell you, it's the BEST time to be out there!  I already miss the cold winter nights with this heat wave we've been having.  I highly suggest you give winter soaking a try before you definitely decide against it.

Congrats on the new tub!  (Pics??)

Giant96

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 12:37:37 am »
Thanks maybe I will give winter soaking a try. I am not getting this delievered for 2 weeks while I get my pad poured and a 220 line installed but I will definately take some pics thereafter. As for the ozonator im not sure yet. Should I use those spa frogs with the bromine/minerals??
Jacuzzi J-335

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 12:40:47 am »
I'm assuming it's a floor model and not used. If so, wow what a deal!

I bought an '06 345 last September for $6100 and I thought I got a deal. Great find on a great tub, Congratulations!

Like Matt said already, winter is the best time to soak. There's nothing quite like it.
When's delivery? What color combo is it?

Cheers,

Chad

Giant96

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 12:49:24 am »
The floor model demo was Marine/Silverwood..I got a brand new boxed one Onyx/Silverwood I didnt want a floor model. They had 3 left and my house has light grey vinyl siding so this should match nicely. Delievry should be around June 9th, I still have to close on my new house and get the pad poured and electrical installed. I close next Thursday im getting excited :o
Jacuzzi J-335

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 02:41:06 am »
I'll chime in on the winter issue. I love soaking in the winter (I used to live in Cleveland, so we were just "up the lake" from you, but with less snow). My only caveat to that is the wind- if you spa is out in the open, the wind can get really nasty. If you're behind a fence or a lot of trees, it's fantastic.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 02:41:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42