What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Diplomat  (Read 3837 times)

2busymom

D1 Diplomat
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:49:36 am »
Anyone here choose this spa?  How do you like it?  His/Her lounger work well for you?  Did you sink it?  I am considerng dropping mine about 24 inches into the ground, do you think that would work with your model?

Which spas did you consider?  Why this one over the others?  Thanks. :-/

Who knew things could get so overwhelming? :-?
2007 Marquis U630

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Diplomat
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:49:36 am »

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
Re: D1 Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:28:01 pm »
We really like our Diplomat.  We purchased this spa for a couple of reasons.  I was looking for a spa that would massage my neck and shoulder muscles . I am also over 6'4" but my wife is only 5'4".  This was the only spa that I could fit in (sport zone seat) and would effectively massage my neck (neck flex thing) and also had seats that didn't drown my wife.  She likes the lounger becaude it hits all her arthritic spots.  

We looked at the Hot Springs Vista and Envoy and Marquis.  I can't remember the Marquis models.  The price was considerably better than the HS also.

Hope this helps.

If I could just chew through these restraints...

2busymom

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:04:34 pm »
Hi GoBlue,

That does help.  It sure looks like it would be very comfortable.

I hope that my local dealer will get one in soon so that we can at least sit in it.  Their showroom looked like an empty room for lease :-? since they'd sold so many off the floor.  I am a little worried that the seat you're comfortable may be too big for my husband.  He's 5'11" and I am 5'5".  But I really like the idea of having 2 loungers. 8-)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:05:57 pm by 2busymom »
2007 Marquis U630

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:21:56 pm »
Although one lounger is bigger than the other, both are really too small for me.  That's why it's so  impportant to wet test.  Other spas might have the same seats.  For example, the Nautilus and Chairman II both have the Sport Zone seat.  My dealer pointed this out to me.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 01:18:29 am »
Moving around in the Diplomat requires climbing rather than sliding, but the contoured seats are very comfortable. My wife @ 5'8" is too tall for the short lounger. I @ 6'4" fit the long lounger ok. Make sure you wet-test this and other spas before committing.

yt

• They are all good if you like 'em! '06 D1 Diplomat
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:33:38 am »
Hi,

I have owned my Diplomat for almost a year now.  I have been very pleased with its performance.  The only issue I had was one of the jets on the sport seat kept popping off.  That has since stopped happening, must have been some sort of break-in issue.  The tub reminds me when it is time to rinse the filters.  I have not had problems with water maintenance, I am also a first time owner.  My wife and I enjoy the loungers, but my favorite seat is the corner seat with both dirverters dialed-in.

We considered Tiger River Bengal, but we only wet-tested the D1.

yt

• They are all good if you like 'em! '06 D1 Diplomat
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:15 am »
One other thing, if you sink it, make certain that you consult your dealer for allowing access to the service panel.  You will also need to provision for drainage of the tub and the hole you put the tub into.  You don't want water to collect etc.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42