What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Final Price for Jacuzzi J480  (Read 3727 times)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Final Price for Jacuzzi J480
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:32:51 pm »
Thanks to all the good info I received on this forum, I went back to the local Jacuzzi dealer tonight to discuss pricing and options on the J480.  The salesman wasn't even aware of the different size ozonator options nor the special Covermate-3 option for their 400 series tubs.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  However, the manager was and worked the deal with me along with the salesman.

Anyway, final price for J480 (jade shell with harvest wheat cabinet) with 230mg ozonator, special Covermate3, and matching harvest wheat steps is $10,170.  The Mrs also informed me that she would like one of the matching tables with lattice sides for towels and drinks.  Any Jacuzzi dealer know the price on something like that?

Hot Tub Forum

Final Price for Jacuzzi J480
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:32:51 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Final Price for Jacuzzi J480
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:28:38 pm »
Thanks to all the good info I received on this forum, I went back to the local Jacuzzi dealer tonight to discuss pricing and options on the J480.  The salesman wasn't even aware of the different size ozonator options nor the special Covermate-3 option for their 400 series tubs.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  However, the manager was and worked the deal with me along with the salesman.

Anyway, final price for J480 (jade shell with harvest wheat cabinet) with 230mg ozonator, special Covermate3, and matching harvest wheat steps is $10,170.  The Mrs also informed me that she would like one of the matching tables with lattice sides for towels and drinks.  Any Jacuzzi dealer know the price on something like that?

First off that again is a fantastic price for that spa+ extras!  Where do you live again??

As far as the matching bar sets they are a bit on the spendy side compared to what you can build,but then again the color would be hard to match we sell a few but not many,he seems to have pretty good deals see what he can do for you!

Congrats on the spa!!   I assume you took the deal?

I was in the 480 last night with my son, I had not sat in the 480 before and at 6'3 a little long for the lounge but the RX jets will rock your world !!  They felt great and really worked the soreness from my back after a round of golf on Tuesday.
 The rest of the seats fit me fine.   How long till you get it??
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:29:16 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 02:38:40 pm »
Congrats on the spa!!   I assume you took the deal?

Uh, no.  I went back for a second wet-test on the Sundance Cameo.  I fit in that lounger so much better and really enjoyed its neck jets along with those on the other two seats.  Armed with a lot more info, thanks to this site, I ended up getting the Cameo with a 250mg ozonator, matching steps, and lift for $1000 less than the J480.  Plus I just had a better feeling about the dealer, who has been selling Hot Springs and Sundance spas for a long time.  My friend purchased from them and recommended them as well.  The local Jacuzzi dealer appears to sell different brands every year or so.

The J480 was a nice spa, and I thought long and hard about it.  But I will be more than happy with the Cameo and the $1,000 in my pocket.  Now all I need to do is finish my deck and paver patio.  Spa should be available for delivery the week of June 18th.  That should give me plenty of time and incentive to be completed in time.  Then a nice relaxing summer.... :)

Micah

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 05:02:09 pm »
DAX,
Congratz.  You've got a great spa.  Be sure to send us photos.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 05:15:39 pm »

Armed with a lot more info, thanks to this site, I ended up getting the Cameo with a 250mg ozonator, matching steps, and lift for $1000 less than the J480.  Plus I just had a better feeling about the dealer, who has been selling Hot Springs and Sundance spas for a long time.  My friend purchased from them and recommended them as well.  The local Jacuzzi dealer appears to sell different brands every year or so.

Congrats, it sounds like you've found what you wanted from the dealer you liked and even saved enough to take the wife to Vegas!!

All those reasons show why patience, wet testing and researching are key to finding your spa.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

62VW

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:12:55 pm »
Dax,
If you don't mind, what was your pre tax price for the Cameo including extras. Thank you.

-62VW

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:52 pm »
Thanks, guys (and gals?)!  I learned a lot from the week or two I've been a member here along with all the web surfing.  It was a difficult decision, but I just found the jets and lounger on the Cameo more to my liking.  Plus, as I said, the dealer appeared to have a better rep than the other.  Like I said, I don't think I could have gone wrong either way.  Anyway, the family and I are very excited.  Can't wait.  I will definitely post pics when it's finalized.

For 62VW - the Cameo, 250mg ozonator, matching steps, & covermate I lift, chemicals, cup holder that fits on the filter cover, delivery, setup, and rubber ducky came to $9200 with a 12-month same as cash payment plan.  Tried to get more of a discount by offering to pay cash, but the dealer said that's as low as he could go for me.  He also took my friend's name, who referred me, and is sending him $100 in store credit.  That should be good for a night out with wings & beer on my friend.  8-)

Takedown

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 02:40:47 am »
Good work!  I'm taking delivery of my Cameo in 2 days, I'm so exicted, I'm sure you are as well :)  The lounger sure fits nicely on this tub.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 10:20:09 am »
Good work!  I'm taking delivery of my Cameo in 2 days, I'm so exicted, I'm sure you are as well :)  The lounger sure fits nicely on this tub.

I'm jealous!  I have a lot of work to do in my backyard before I'm ready for mine to be delivered.  Plan to get started this week.  Let me know how it goes.  Do you plan on taking pics and posting them?

BTW, I (make that my wife) chose the bluegrass shell with the birchwood cabinet.

Takedown

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 11:15:06 am »
It's been a long time coming.  I put the deposit down back in Sept 06 on an 06 Cameo before we had even moved into our house, then it took awhile to get a contractor out to lay the concrete.  The good thing is by waiting till 07 we got the new features for the same price ;) Yesterday my dad and I pulled the wire and today the rest of the backyard is set to be finished.

I will definitely post some pictures when we are done.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 11:15:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42