What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new to this forum  (Read 5636 times)

mike in arkansas

new to this forum
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:51:40 pm »
Hi --new to this site. Looking forward to learning more about spas etc. I was about a day from purchasing a Haven Shorewood Spa when I was banned from their forum by some lady adn was told I could not purchase a spa from them unless I apologized for bringing evil onto their forum (my sin was I menitioned THIS forum on their forum cuz  I thought it would be helpful!) Anyway I guess I am not purchasing one of their spas cuz I won't apologize!

ANyway, enough about me -- I want to read some of these pposts and see waht is going on!!

Blessings,
Mike
who says I am senile?

Hot Tub Forum

new to this forum
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:51:40 pm »

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: new to this forum
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 05:07:21 pm »
Welcome to this forum Mike. Get comfortable amd start reading....

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1170089426/0

Consider yourself one lucky man!!

mike in arkansas

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:22:42 pm »
Believe me I KNOW how lucky I am -- so glad a did a little more research on said company!!

Blessings, Mike
who says I am senile?

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 05:47:32 pm »
Hey Mike:
Welcome to the forum.  I have been watching what was going on over at Jimbo's site.  I was hoping that you would see thru him and reevaluate your decision to buy a tub there.  I figured you would get the picture when he wouldn't answer your warranty question.  And especially after you were accused of bringing "Evil" to his little piece of North Korea.

I'm embarassed to say that when I first ran across his web page a few years ago, it initially seemed to make a lot of sense.  Only after I did more research at other sites did I realize what was going on there.  It is a cleverly written site.
And if you don't mind me saying, I think the lesson to take away from your experience so far is to read, read, and then read some more.  Then wet test, wet test, wet test.  Wet testing is the only way you will know if a particular tub is for you.

And contrary to what Jim the Jim says, there are tons of owners here along with the dealers.

Rich
Foam filled dog bowl owner (And very happy with my tub!)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

mike in arkansas

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 06:12:09 pm »
Hello Rich -- thanks for the kind words. I too am embarrassed taht I came so close!!! ANyway, lets not flog that dead horse anymore!!

My problem is that I am in the Ozarks in north central arkansas. The closest city is little rock and there is only one dealer who has a spa set up for testing. I guess I need to talk to dealers adn see if they have customers in my area who are open to stangers coming in and sitting in their hot tub!!!

I appreciate the fact that there ARE dealers here who identify themselves as such.

I look forward to learning more!

Oh and by the way, does anyone have any opinions aobut the home depot spas?

Mike
who says I am senile?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 06:37:32 pm »
Hey, Mike.  Welcome.  What is your zip code?

8-)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

mike in arkansas

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 06:47:06 pm »
mountain view, AR 72560

can I leave email contacts? shredder_1945 at yahoo dot com

mIke
who says I am senile?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 07:55:35 pm »
Hot Spring dealer:

The Pool Store
2595 North Saint Louis Street
Batesville, AR  72501
870-612-7665

About an hour away

Most manufacturers have dealer locaters on their web sites.  I also checked Sundance and Jacuzzi and they are in the Little Rock area.

Good luck spa hunting. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Webini

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 08:58:55 pm »
Mike:

Welcome!  I think you'll find this is a pretty civilized place.  I've gotten a lot of great advice here on water care.

Glad you did not get taken in by Jim.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 11:11:52 am »
mountain view, AR 72560

can I leave email contacts? shredder_1945 at yahoo dot com

mIke

Here are the results of looking at dealer locators for some of the major brands. There are more, I couldn't get results from Jacuzzi or Marquis, Arkansas can get a bit rural I guess.

Artesian:
Watson's of Little Rock
501-945-4900
308 Lake Ln.
North Little Rock, AR  72117

Hot Spring
The Pool Store  
2595 North Saint Louis Street
Batesville, AR  72501
870-612-7665

Caldera
Luxury Pool & Spas
2665 Donaghey Ave
STE 103
Conway, AR  72032
501-327-1772

Sundance
LINDSEY'S POOLS & SPAS
10010 I-30
Little Rock, AR 72209
501-568-7665

D1
Classic Pools & Spas
4221 Stadium Blvd.
Jonesboro ,   AR   72404
1-870-935-2300

220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 01:00:43 pm »
HI Mike!  Welcome.

What were you looking for in a hot tub?  (size, price, features)....

The home Depot spas are made by a company named Keys backyard and are not considered to be a high quality tub. I'd take a look at and call the folks listed above in Spa Tech's list and see if they service your area.  

(and yes, the warrentys from the major makers will be honnered and serviced by your local dealer!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D)

I am Glad you didn't get involved with Jim.  Jim is now calling you a "jerk" and "unreasonable".   Can you belive that?

Just the thought that my wife would have to deal with some jerk, is not appealing to me.  We don't want people who are rude and unreasonable to own our products. We do not want any association with them and refuse to have them in our lives.

Yes, Jim doesn't want anyone who questions, thinks for themselves or is unwilling to subjegate themselves to Jim and Sandra in their lives at all.  

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:15:42 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

autoplay

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 03:26:31 pm »
How was Mike Rude and/or unreasonable?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 03:38:26 pm »
How was Mike Rude and/or unreasonable?

It's all discussed in the dead horse section.  Mike who seems like a very stand up guy was banned for asking quetions about us evil folks over here.  :o

This whole thing is a peferct example of what doing buissenss with JA is all about.
07 Caldera Geneva

mike in arkansas

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 05:49:50 pm »
Me again -- banned for life!! Someone contacted me -- i won't devulge any names -- and I sent him a copy of all the emails between me and JA. I think he was going to post it in the dead horse section. But to be clear -- I NEVER was rude, never impolite, only asked wwhat I thought were reasonable questions about warranty,  horsepower and that was all.

sigh -- guess I will never own a haven spa unless I can get someone to purchase it for me by pretending to be someone else!
who says I am senile?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 06:19:01 pm »
Nope, we are all banned to and not smart enough to be allowed the priviledge to own a H***n. But we are allowed to buy a Phoenix and they are alot less money yet exactly the same...huh.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 06:19:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42