What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Accurate Quote for Marquis 2007 models?  (Read 6594 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Accurate Quote for Marquis 2007 models?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 05:23:09 pm »
The Epic was out of our price range too but we made the mistake (I don't think of it like that now),of jumping in the Epic just for fun.  ;) Then for even more fun, we listened to the Soundsations :o...Long story short, between kids and a husband who thought we should just go ahead since we would probably only do this once....we got the Epic and the sound system.  We all agreed however that the 530 would be our choice if Mom couldn't find the financing somewhere...Marquis helped me with that and within the year, I was able to come up with the difference.  I am not encouraging you to do this. I admire anyone who sets a budget and sticks to it.
Good luck.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 05:23:09 pm »

nsavarirayan

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 05:27:57 pm »
The Epic was out of our price range too but we made the mistake (I don't think of it like that now),of jumping in the Epic just for fun.  ;) Then for even more fun, we listened to the Soundsations :o...Long story short, between kids and a husband who thought we should just go ahead since we would probably only do this once....we got the Epic and the sound system.  We all agreed however that the 530 would be our choice if Mom couldn't find the financing somewhere...Marquis helped me with that and within the year, I was able to come up with the difference.  I am not encouraging you to do this. I admire anyone who sets a budget and sticks to it.
Good luck.

Bonibelle - thanks for your input.  May I ask what else you tried out during your tub search - did you try any Caldera spas?

What reallyt is the major difference between the Luxury series and the 530?

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 06:51:16 pm »
nsavarirayan:  The main difference between the two lines is going to be bells and whistles type of features.  For instance floating remotes, colored spa & waterfall lighting, in-home monitor, larger LCD control in the spa, ect.  The Epic is going to be a little bit more therapy oriented but the power of the U530 is very comparable.  320 gallons per minute vs. 290 gallons per minute.  The warranty is 2 years less in the everyday living line that the U530 is in.  The construction and quality is exactly the same except on the base.  The Marquis luxury line uses a plastic high-impact acrylic base whereas the everyday line uses a polysheet bottom.  The filtration is exactly the same and water management is exactly the same.  The SmartClean automatic clean up cycle is exactly the same.  I have actually had people wet test the two and prefer the U530.  Both are very comfortable, I would schedule a time to wet test.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 07:16:44 pm »
nsavarirayan:  The main difference between the two lines is going to be bells and whistles type of features.  For instance floating remotes, colored spa & waterfall lighting, in-home monitor, larger LCD control in the spa, ect.  The Epic is going to be a little bit more therapy oriented but the power of the U530 is very comparable.  320 gallons per minute vs. 290 gallons per minute.  The warranty is 2 years less in the everyday living line that the U530 is in.  The construction and quality is exactly the same except on the base.  The Marquis luxury line uses a plastic high-impact acrylic base whereas the everyday line uses a polysheet bottom.  The filtration is exactly the same and water management is exactly the same.  The SmartClean automatic clean up cycle is exactly the same.  I have actually had people wet test the two and prefer the U530.  Both are very comfortable, I would schedule a time to wet test.

You mention "therapy oriented" thats why I want a hot tub.  How is the therapy in the 530?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 07:29:13 pm »
Both are great spas, I think Marquis did a better job on the 530 than the 630 for therapy. The 530 is a spa that my wife likes very much. I prefer the Epic, we have both wet in our store.

Uzona

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 01:53:52 am »
I responded to your question in my thread but I'll respond here as well.

I believe my purchase was from the same dealer, as I'm not aware of any other Marquis dealers in Phoenix.  I purchased mine at Reflection Spas.

$10230 For the Epic out the door.  However I originally got my price quote at the end of 2006 on a 2006 model.  Delays selling my house delayed my purchase.  When we were finally ready to make the deal, Brett honored my originally quoted price.  They've been very good to deal with so far.

Your quote is in the same ballpark.

navsav

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 03:09:50 am »
Yes I just talked to Brett today - i guess the prices have gone up since these are 07 models.  I guess I have to check out the 530 and see how it feels compared to some other models.

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 01:02:32 pm »
I also wet tested the 530 and thought it was great.  We went in it when we wet tested the Destiny.  Of course the Destiny had more bells and whistles like Bonibelle said, but I would have been perfectly happy with the 530.  Good luck.

kkessler

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 12:49:39 pm »
I got a quote for the Epic for 9190 (lifter but no stairs).  It was listed on a price list at 9990, but they were having a "sale" (it seems everyone is always having these sales).  The Reward is listed at 9390, and the 530/630 is at 6690 on the price sheet, but I don't have their sale price.

I got these quotes from a place called East Coast Wholesale Distributes just north of Washington DC.  They are a huge place that sells a bunch of brands with a cool water moving hose system that transfers water between the tubs, so you can pretty much wet test everything.  I did get this uneasy hyper used cars saleman feeling about this place, though, and what looks to be low ball prices do not make me feel any easier about this company.  Has anyone on this board dealt with this company?

gtp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 09:28:37 am »
That's where I bought my Marquis sport 500 spa about 6 years ago.  They were/are great in my opinion.  They came out to the house for a site inspection to see what would be needed before buying the spa.  After we reinforce the deck and took off the rail, they were able to push the tub up to the location.  Hooked it up, gave us start up instructions.  Had a few problems with the jets, and came out the next day for service.  We delt with Ryan, very down to earth and didn't try to upgrade us into anything.  Need to give them heads up to wet test since they may need to increase the temp.   price included stairs and lifter and starter chemical.  They have a coupon in the local paper, but you usually get that "discount" anyways.  Also look for Marquis coupon on the Marquis site if that is the brand you are looking at.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 09:28:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42