What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtered Buttcheese  (Read 2866 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Filtered Buttcheese
« on: May 19, 2007, 02:46:01 pm »
I have never seen anything like this!

A customer bought something called Perfect pH from a company down the road.  Then she added Calcium Hardness Increaser.  Within a few hours, her filters looked like this:

:o

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Filtered Buttcheese
« on: May 19, 2007, 02:46:01 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Filtered Buttcheese
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 03:30:34 pm »
 I have seen the same thing with people that use PH balance with high calcium levels or they add calcium booster with PH balance.  Basically I believe it turns liquid calcium to a mineral pretty darn fast and collects on the filter as shown, cant imagine what it does to the heater.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 04:48:11 pm »
I would hazard a guess that the calcium increaser worked.  :)

But Term, you didn't answer the question that is on everyone's mind:
Was her pH perfect?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:49:14 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 05:00:12 pm »
Sounds like Spa Sentry from Bioguard almost.

Essentially the way those products are supposed to work is that they gather up every single bit of calcium in the water and have the filters trap it.  Then you clean the filters and it removes all the calcium and is supposed to put the pH on cruise control.

We refuse to sell it.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 05:52:03 pm »
Yup. I stopped selling it because it only works when folks read and follow instructions. There is some magical connection between people who want their pH to 'magically' stay balanced and their ability to read and follow instructions. For example, if you read the label, it says to use it with water between such and such a hardness level.

Ask the folks who killed their filters and/or heater if they tested water hardness.

It also says to put the pH where you want it BEFORE you 'lock' it. Makes sense. But if you don't... it will mess up the filters a bit.

This is from the LT web page:

"As Needed:
1. Adjust pH and total alkalinity of freshly filled spa to proper levels. (pH level: 7.2 - 7.8 ppm total alkalinity level: 80-120 ppm)
2. Add entire bottle to filled spa while the filter is running.
3. pH will instantly increase or decrease to a reading between the ideal range of 7.2 to 7.8.

Tips:
Add to freshly filled water. pH Balance should not be used in hard water areas where calcium reading is above 150 ppm. In these conditions, this formula will soften hard water and release calcium into spa water possibly causing cloudy water, scaling and clogging of spa filter. If you are not in a hard water area, but experience clouding of spa water after applying pH Balance, Leisure Time recommends using Bright & Clear to return clarity to water. "

The also sell pH Balance Plus for areas with hard water...

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:51:41 am »
I have never seen anything like this!

A customer bought something called Perfect pH from a company down the road.  Then she added Calcium Hardness Increaser.  Within a few hours, her filters looked like this:

:o

Term

Wow, that's an absolute mess. When I was a rookie I thought about using a Balance PH product. Since I'm an engineer, I awlays have to read the directions--plus do additional research. Once I read the directions I opted out of program.

I'm assuming the Tri-X filters are trash? That can get expensive...
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »
The Laing 909 & 303 really like it also.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42